Energizer LED Headlamp and Lantern Case

Energizer LED Headlamp and Lantern Case

There used to be a time when a person went to buy a car, one of the first things they looked at besides the price on the spec sheet is how much MPG is got. Back in the late '90s, I started camping with one oldest son who was in scouts. Then the 2nd son was in scouts. Once they stayed with it and were in Boy Scouts, we camped all the time. At least once a month except for December. So, I’ve learned a few things about “flashlights/headlamps”. I’m no expert and I slept in my own bed last night, not at a Holiday Inn Express. I’ve always found off-the-shelf energizer lights to be great for the budget-minded. They lasted a long long time (perfect for the weekend). But I’ve noticed that many big-name headlamps (and flashlights for that matter) have a very low and IMO unacceptable life with a set of batteries. When you have to DIG to find out how long a light will last, that’s a red flag. The offer here is about 30 hours on low. That would say in real life, they might last a few hours on HIGH, again, which is unacceptable. LED lights should be improving, not going backward. Sure, it might be a few lumens brighter but when you are in the middle of the woods, 100 lumens vs 500 isn’t really going to matter except when that 500 goes dark in 4 hours. The mother ship has 2 of these headlamps for about the same price after the $4 off cupon. They might be ok to stick in your glove box but I’d not be taking them with me for the weekend of camping. Just my 2 cents.

Though might not be the same color but they are pretty much the same light (by design).
https://www.amazon.com/Energizer-High-Performance-Resistant-Headlamps-Batteries/dp/B092RHC2FY?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

2 Likes