Google Pixel 2 XL 128GB (Unlocked) (NEW)

Google Pixel 2 XL 128GB (Unlocked) (NEW)

Phone looked beautiful and all seemed well until I updated to the latest version of Android - that is when the problems started and the phone became possessed. Sadly it is being returned. The good news is that (for the black anyways) the bootloader is unlocked.

Another note worth mentioning, I had also placed an order through Mint Mobile for a panda version - that unit arrived looking perfect, and also functions beautifully unlike the Woot one that continually reboots and is unusable …- the Panda Mint device is also bootloader unlocked fwiw.

1 Like

Brand new or renewed?

How is that possible brand new with all accessories for Pixel 2XL?!!!

It doesn’t say all accessories. It says charging cord and plug…

As to how? It’s probably new old stock from somewhere…

Maybe @ThunderThighs will post her magic jif.

1 Like

They should say for condition: “new, open box”… which means some accessories may be missing from box

Actually, maybe they were never a retail item…so no, they can still be brand new old stock and you won’t get the janky earbuds or whatever. It clearly states what comes with it.

Look, I’m out of this discussion. Have a nice day.

2 Likes

I didn’t look what in box section…cuz by default condition new mean box closed…and accessories all in…and I ordered one for that reason

I’m not staff, but there have been previous instances in which Woot ended up with new stock merchandise that a manufacturer originally intended as warranty replacements. When the product has been aged enough, holding onto new (bare) stock is no longer necessary.

4 Likes

Thanks you man :heart::kissing_heart:
Your comment is more than enough :+1:

I purchased 1 of each. The “New” White/Black came with a Verizon sim card in it. The Just Black started boot-looping after upgrading to Android 11 but a factory reset and re-install of the updates took care of the issues. I am (was) a Sprint / T-Mobile customer and can confirm these do not work on T-Mobile.

These are new and include all the accessories you’d get with any other New Google Pixel 2.

3 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Can someone who’s already received theirs, or who works for Woot give me the exact model number for the 2xl 128 just black that has the unlocked bootloader? Unfortunately I just ordered this from B&H, but paid about $20 more. It’s already on the way, or I’d cancel. If when mine gets here the bootloader is locked, I’m going to send it back and get this one from Woot instead, but if the B&H model number matches the Woot bootloader unlocked one already, then I’ll probably just keep it rather than having to start over and wait longer. Thanks!

I didn’t get in on this deal but bought a similar brand new Pixel 2 XL on eBay and had this same problem once it uploaded to Android 11. To fix the issue I just did a factory data reset and then started the process of transferring my information to this phone again. After the factory reset it stopped the nonstop rebooting process.

Apparently there’s a bunch of pallets of unopened Pixel 2 XL’s out there. I didn’t get in on this deal but ended up ordering one off of eBay a couple weeks ago. Brand new in box, every single accessory, never been used. From what I could see on the package it looks like they came from Canada, but I’m not sure what the story of this deal is but it’s probably similar.

1 Like

I ordered my phone on the 7/31 and it still hasn’t shipped. Is anyone else still waiting on one as well? Thank you.

1 Like

I ordered it on 30 of July and delivered on 5th of August

1 Like

Hi there. I see that yours has shipped and will be arriving on Tuesday.

2 Likes

I ordered a black unlocked bootloader and cannot get it to work on AT&T. Neither can the att tech. It won’t accept the APN settings. It was for my dad and he waited 8 months to start using it :-1: