Contixo F30 Drone WiFi 4K UHD Camera and GPS

Contixo F30 Drone WiFi 4K UHD Camera and GPS

Holy smokes this is cool. This is my first drone, and I managed to get it set up very easily and fly it around the yard, with a bit of practice. First flight, ran it into some leaves and it took a bit of a tumble, but no damage at all. Restarted it, took off again, and managed to get the hang of the controls within about 2 minutes. It’s really amazing. The camera is pretty good, but my only small gripe is that there are some auto-white-balancing issues in bright sunlight (see photo below). It’s not loud at all, and the controls feel very good once you get the hang of it (which is pretty easy). I’ve been intimidated by more complicated drone controls in the past, and this one doesn’t require training on a simulator first or anything.

I haven’t tried the auto-follow-me features, but this is an amazing drone for the price, and it has similar features to a drone I wanted a couple years ago that was 5 times more expensive. There are a lot of signs of quality workmanship and consideration for the user, too. The kit comes with a super nice carrying case, extra battery, SD card, and some extra propellers! Also, the manual says “don’t fly anywhere near trees”, so this is my fault, but… I did run it into a tree right away and it survived. Which is pretty crazy for a tiny little thing like this. I’m sure you could kill it if you tried, but it’s surprisingly sturdy.

2 Likes

@awgh thanks for the detailed review. I had bought one for over $200 more off the Mothership for my 1st drone and have been debating whether to keep it - seemed liked a lot of $ to spend on my 1st one - so bc of your review I am going to try this one out - thanks for saving me so much $$$