OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (GSM LTE Unlocked)

OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (GSM LTE Unlocked)

I don’t know why one plus ever abandon the cool pop up camera that’s on this device

1 Like

I originally leased this model from Sprint, but transferred to TMobile pre-merger so they bought it out for me. So I have the exact same model offered here. While it was designed to work on Sprint’s 5G network, it no longer works on any 5G network due to the merger. I’m 2 years into owning and the phone is solid. Several months ago I bought the One Plus 8T and returned it because the resolution on the 7 Pro is so much better. For the money you’re getting a true flagship phone albeit one with an older chipset. Please search for screen burn in on this model, though. My screen is noticeably pink and has moderate burn-in after only 2 years.

DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. I bought this exact model from Woot a year ago, and it has some critical flaws. OnePlus is completely unresponsive about fixing the issues. Also, beware - the model name Woot has listed is wrong, probably to avoid certain confusion. The actual model name is the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G. They leave that detail off since it doesn’t work on 5G. However, the OnePlus 7 Pro is one of the models GM1911, GM1913, GM1917, GM1910, GM1915, but this one is GM1925. This phone notably is missing Band 71, which is T-Mobile’s 600MHz Extended Range LTE band, whereas the true 7 Pro does support that band. This is deceptive, and this alone should have the phone scrapped instead of sold here on the gray market.

Critical flaw #1: At times, the baseband/network connection just flat out fails, and there’s no indication of this. No calls nor messages come in. You won’t realize it until later you try to make a call, send a text, and it fails, or if you reboot your phone for some reason. When you do finally manage to get the baseband to reset, either by rebooting the phone or even just cycling airplane mode, all of your queued network messages (voicemail indicator, SMS/MMS messages) will all come in. For the most basic function of a phone, this is quite serious.

Critical flaw #2: There is no way to disable WiFi calling. You just have to turn off WiFi. On some networks, WiFi calling fails in one direction. i.e. A call can be answered or dialed, but no audio from the distant party is heard. They can hear you, but you won’t hear them. This is frustrating, but not a deal breaker like #1.

Critical flaw #3: No way to reset PRL. I figure this is part of the broken core phone programming.

Other annoyance #1: When an application (such as twitter or your messaging app) opens a link in the web browser (Chrome), it will crash. The symptoms of the crash are a frozen display. After a while, a crash dialog pops up. This bug has been there all along but never fixed.

Other annoyance #2: They are stuck on Android 10. The 7 Pro (remember, this isn’t actually the 7 Pro… it’s the 7 Pro 5G) has Android 11.

Aside from the bugs listed above, the phone is good. It’s responsive, has a nice display, and the camera works pretty good (but not as great as other phones in the original price range.)

2 Likes

Good write up though lack of PRL updating seems very odd. Do not know what you do about their logo instruction…

2 Likes

We have also been caught up in this phones issues. We are ATT controlled and 3g is no longer (come feb.22) available, and they are sending out cheap 5g phones to replace them.
DECISIONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS…

When does that go into effect January? I know AT&t has been pushing their customers to upgrade for over a year. I hope they give you a good deal. You can always find something used If they don’t.

Told me to switch and I did. Canceled ATT after 20 years and signed up with Mint Mobile unlimited and saved $13.00 a month and kept One Plus 7t 90 htz.
CU ATT

2 Likes