Ecolution Original Microwave Micro-Pop Popcorn Popper

Ecolution Original Microwave Micro-Pop Popcorn Popper

Some reviews have me fearful.

1 Like

As you should be. We had one. Once. Yep.

1 Like

Oh no! I was really thinking about getting this. Could either of you tell me more?

1 Like

we have a small microwave that can only accommodate the snack size bags which are getting hard to come by so i thought this might be a good alternative. but sorted by most recent, every review is one star. yikes. guess i’ll pass.

also if you put butter in the top of this thing the only one thing you will get is some very buttered unpopped kernels in the center, since butter will melt before the corn pops.

Thanks everyone for their reviews!! I was about to get this on a whim and I think I’ll stay with pot cooked. Truthfully I find air popped and microwave popcorn dry compared to pan. Anyone have any decent poppers that save the effort of pot cooked?

My favorite popcorn popper:

images

7 Likes

I love this popper! It is much better than buying those pre packed bags.

2 Likes

$9.77 to $8.88 @ Walmart !
https://www.walmart.com/grocery/ip/Tasty-1-5-Quart-Borosilicate-Glass-Micro-Pop-Microwave-Popcorn-Popper-Red/289971965

(VMod edit: As noted below, yours is half the capacity.)

That’s for a 1.5 quart popper and this is a 3 quart popper.

3 Likes

We have a 1000 watt medium-sized brand name microwave. I followed the instructions precisely, and I had burned stinky corn and scorched silicone. We turned it off before it “finished”, to avoid damage to the microwave! We continue to use our stove top popper, and occasionally an air popper. BTW, we used fresh Orville Redenbacher popcorn, that we purchase autoship from the Mothership. We are popcorn aficionados!!

https://www.amazon.com/Lekue-Microwave-Popcorn-Popper-Maker/dp/B00NF9CT0C/ref=psdc_1090764_t1_B078WM9MC3

This is what we have at home and it makes the best popcorn and you can just add butter or seasoning into the corn as it pops. If you are looking for a great way to get away from the microwave bags, this is it!

I still prefer the Alton Brown method. Only requirement is an old-fashioned paper lunch bag.

The only thing I’d add is to place the bag on a microwave-safe dish.

1 Like

I bought this popcorn popper. I probably wouldn’t buy it again. Its like a glass coffee pot. If you mishandle it or go hot to cold, it’ll explode. Learning experience for me I guess but it does work.

1 Like