Linksys Tri-band Whole Home Wi-Fi System (Open Box)

Linksys Tri-band Whole Home Wi-Fi System (Open Box)

These are fairly good. My house is long and narrow so I hoped these would hopscotch my wifi from the front to the back. It MOSTLY works ok. I have 300/300 AT&T and I usually get at least 100 via the Velop. My house is being renovated so I keep having to move them around and they just keep working. Making it optimize the channel selection sometimes improves it further. I’ve gotten the full 300/300 a few times. Not sure what causes the inconsistency. I think ideally the nodes are supposed to overlap with the “base node” and not be 1, 2, 3 in a row like mine. Mine are also at or just over the maximum recommended distance. I plan on putting a tall skinny bookshelf in each room and putting them on that to get them up over most obstacles.
That being said, AT&T’s built in wifi is no joke. With a USB wifi adapter that came with like a 6" antenna I get the same or better speeds going all the way across the house directly to the AT&T box vs leap frogging on the Velops. I game and stuff all the time and they work fine.

1 Like