Wire Storage Basket With Handles

Wire Storage Basket With Handles

Goldilocks or Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween?

A head covering in the rain.

Is it just me or are those dimensions a little too small to use this as a shopping basket?

I live in a state that has outlawed bags, yes this is a thing, and things like this are no longer nice to haves.

1 Like

This is more of a small shower caddy than a shopping basket.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Bummer, I guess I will keep looking… For a shopping basket and new state to live in that doesn’t have draconian bag laws.

3 Likes

I think we’re all headed that way.

1 Like

CA “outlawed” plastic bags a few years ago, but when I get prescriptions at Walgreens they provide a really nice quality plastic bag. Easily reusable many times. If you are looking for a “shopping” cart try online with Lowes or Home Depot. They do have the vertical ones that have wheels. We used to see folks walking home with groceries in these, before it was too far to walk. I used mine for getting laundry to and from the garage. Not a good place when summer avg. temp 115.

I’m in Connecticut and what happened here was that the state decided, in a thinly veiled money grab, to put a tax on plastic bags as a way to get people to stop using them (read get more money in taxes). What actually happened was that people actually stopped using plastic bags because shockingly people don’t like paying for stuff that used to be free. The next step was that stores switched to paper bags but started charging for them because plastic bags were going to be outlawed. This lead to people that were just grabbing a few things using the baskets to take things to their cars and because there is no real system for hand carried baskets to be returned like there is for carts, as a result the baskets started to disappear. Liquor stores and some independent grocery stores provide paper bags for free, major chain grocery stores charge for them, but if you are on food assistance you get free bags.

So now plastic bags are illegal and there are little to no hand carry baskets, so if you want a basket or bag at anyplace but a liquor store or some select independent grocery stores you are better off bringing your own.

2 Likes

You are of course correct. The first couple times I forgot to bring my own bag, I was mad about the ten cent fee. Here in low desert So Cal there is usually a breeze to windy and the concern was the bags were catching on bushes, etc and the wealthy folk didn’t like the aesthetic. Now, you can buy paper or plastic, but I bring my own.

2 Likes

@Wooter792662892 @bblhed during Covid we weren’t allowed to bring our own bags what happened with you guys?

Bags were free and we could bring our own. Again proving that the bag tax was a money grab. Also If I shop at the VA or Navy exchange they have free plastic bags.

The VA and Navy exchange would be considered federal property and exempt from state rules right?

That is correct, also VA and Navy Exchange don’t charge Sales Tax!