AquaSonic Black Series Toothbrush

AquaSonic Black Series Toothbrush

I picked up this exact toothbrush here on Woot last November. It is a replacement for a SoniCare unit that was finally giving me problems (admittedly, these things last a LONG time - the one I replaced was over 8 years old).

To answer the most common question - YES, SoniCare brush heads will fit on AquaSonic bases. While there are some minor differences in the shape of the bristles and the base, the connector and the overall footprint are identical so there is no need to order replacement brush heads specifically from AquaSonic if you can’t find them in a retail environment.

This unit has four distinct settings, one of which is a pulsation mode for stimulating your gums. Frankly I only use the “whiten” setting as it feels the best for me. I like this unit better than the equivalent SoniCare it replaced because this one has a separate button for switching modes, where the SoniCare switched modes using the power button (which was a bit awkward if you hit it accidentally). The only other functional difference is the AquaSonic pauses every 30 seconds to remind you to move to another area of your mouth where the SoniCare pulses at those points. Both methods get the job done.

If you’ve never used a sonic-style electric toothbrush this is an excellent way to try one (and get plenty of replacement heads) without giving your wallet a coronary. Once you get used to these types of brushes it’s hard to go back!

6 Likes

I may have to give Woot! a time-out for a grammar felony : “ We can see it as a Lexus-level commercial with light glinting off it’s lines and stuff.” Aaaaaaaaargh. Find the error and give aome anonymous sucker succor. Oh, how I want to believe in something infallible.

2 Likes

I can spot them a mile away too, and i really try not to cringe. I mean, we ALL make mistakes!
Bobs Burgers Someone GIF

1 Like

Oh yeah! I also wanted to say that i really like this toothbrush. My teeth feel cleaner, and it feels nice on my gums (don’t get heavy-handed with these or it might cause damage). I’ve had mine for almost a year, and my dental hygienist has noticed a difference too!

1 Like

22.95 delivered on amazon for generic version as this one is. These things are phenominal. I wish I had one 50 years ago.

Well if you ask nicely, TT can grant you the Nitpicker badge.

:w_tongue:

2 Likes