Jensen Cassette Player/Recorder with AM/FM Radio

Jensen Cassette Player/Recorder with AM/FM Radio

1 Like

Does this thing have a headphone jack?

/Asking for a friend who might want to digitize some old cassettes.

2 Likes

According to questions asked on the mothership:

Q: Does it have a line level (not headphone) output to send the sound to an amplifier or computer?
A: No output or input. It only has a headphone jack.
By Sattirdae on January 23, 2021

So, I reckon it does.

3 Likes

I’ve got a recording of my Dad and other family members interviewed by me about the “Great Depression” I did way back in Jr. college for an economics 101 paper I wrote for class…

Priceless really.

3 Likes

And… 2 1/2 saw bucks later…it is mine…well…will be…probably…most likely…

3 Likes

There are players with built in converters for the same price to just a little more - https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cassette+to+mp3+converter - that might do a better job than going through the multiple stages needed to go from the headphone out.

I wish I had thought to do that with my grandmother when she was still alive. She used to sing all these old Italian songs that would be so cool to have now.

5 Likes

Congrats

2 Likes

Not so fast Dave…I just cancelled my order.

Imma go with Taz’s recommendation.

3 Likes

My mother talked about it, but it wasn’t recorded. That would have been so cool!
Hatch, NM. Not a ton of difference between depression and no depression…

My Grandma did cut hair for a nickel for extra money, hobos got a discount.

3 Likes

@daveinwarshington :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well I take it back then!!

3 Likes

It was a fascinating exercise.

At the time, the professor allowed as to he might not be able to give out the assignment much longer…the old ones were dying off.

3 Likes

Make sure you read the descriptions. I was looking at those and some of them are misleading in that the “to mp3” part would be just like using this. But there are several that are straight to mp3, no computer needed and at least one that is through a USB connection to a computer.

3 Likes

Will do, thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

I think you can take the cassettes to Staples and they’ll digitize it for you.

But I’m too lazy to verify that information.

4 Likes

8-Track tapes too?

3 Likes

Well, this place will do cassettes. And you don’t have to leave your house.

3 Likes

You’d probably need to call your local Staples and ask. I know we sent a bunch of microfiche over and had done but I don’t really see the list of services on the website. There’s a few.

3 Likes