Care Less

Care Less

Care Less

That should be “care less, I could not”. Because if you COULD care less than you do now, that means you actually care somewhat. That’s why the saying is actually “I couldn’t care less”–because you’re at the bottom of caring and you couldn’t possibly care any less than you do.

11 Likes

This is what I came here to say.

2 Likes

You are correct. I know the artist, and PM’d him the same. He was already aware, as I suspected. But Woot has a limitation on the number of characters in the line, and there is not enough room for “Care Less, I Could Not”. Plus, although I agree it’s incorrect, the common vernacular (at least 99 out of 100 people) will say “I could not care less.” Regardless, this is a great shirt and I really hope it gets chosen!

Woot has no such limitation.

5 Likes

Maybe Yoda does a care a little?

2 Likes

Edit, or edit not
Vote for it, I will not

Actually, I probably could if he corrected it, but I realize it would be too late to have any shot at the Derby, which I suspect is the real issue

I actually had “could not” when I originally designed it, but I liked the top line and bottom line having the same amount of syllables. And because it is so common for people to say “I could care less,” Merriam-Webster treats the phrases couldn’t care less and could care less as synonymous, both meaning “not concerned or interested at all.” Plus when it comes to grammar, I’m pretty sure concerned, Yoda is not. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: