Cuisinart TOA-60 Air Fryer Toaster Oven

Cuisinart TOA-60 Air Fryer Toaster Oven

Bought one of these in a moment of madness last year - cursed self for being a small appliance sucker the next morning - but now believe this is the best electrical thingy on our countertops.

Nothing we’ve ever owned toasts as well as this silly device - golden brown bread, bagels, or buns, no problem - suddenly you’re the King Kong of breakfast, fighting off those pesky biplanes with a perfectly toasted English Muffin in each hand.

Fancy some Fish & Chips? Lightly spray chunky fries with garlic-infused oil, and air fry them in the included basket while you batter up some cod. When the chips are done, place your cod fillets on the rack, air fry for 3-4 minutes, and VOILA! crispy golden frites with creamy centers carefully cradle crunchy cod cutlets, and the entire meal uses much less than an ounce of oil.

The only drawbacks to this cooker are that it’s neither as large, nor as powerful, as an oven broiler, so some re-thinking and juggling of your cooking process is required, and the small catch tray at the bottom needs to be pulled out and washed weekly before it becomes a greasy PITA to clean.

For the two people, this has been a godsend appliance, freeing us to eat fried food without guilt, as our cholesterol thanks us.

6 Likes

Bought this 2 years ago from Best Buy. A couple of things to note

1. The temp gauge is WAY off. I’m constantly reducing temperatures for things by 50+ degrees. “350 degrees for 15 minutes”? Well I’ll put it in at 280 just to be safe.
  2. There is no standard bake function! The “Bake” is a weak Convection (maybe that’s why I have to lower everything by 50 degrees).
  3. The top coils on mine didn’t all turn on during toast, which I thought was weird. I contacted Cuisinart and never got a response.
  4. Mine just died after 20 months. Well not completely. Anything that doesn’t use the fan doesn’t work. That means no Warm, Toast, or Broil functions. We use Air fry and Warm the most so it was a little disheartening. Called Cuisinart support and they are sending me a new one!

In the end, I love this thing and the wire basket’s a pain to clean, but it’s good. Aside from broken aspect, it’s easily my favorite kitchen appliance.

1 Like

Can you fit a frozen pizza in it like it says? I need to replace my current toaster oven and that is one of my requirements. I’ve been eyeing this one up for the air fryer aspect, I’ve seen a lot of good reviews similar to yours.

Yes, it is 12" X 12" inside and fits a standard 12" frozen pizza perfectly. The ones there selling here on Woot are refurbs

1 Like

I concur with the previous reviews. Have had mine for almost 2 years and have used it multiple times most days. The temperature dial and timer are more relative than exact, so there is a learning curve. 350F for 10 mins may completely blacken your food. Just depends on how much heat the outside can take. Leftovers will honestly taste better in this than at the restaurant. Cleaning it is tricky, but Amazon sells Chef’s Planet brand silicone mats that fit perfectly in the tray and on the crumb catcher under the heating elements. If putting it under a cabinet, check your clearance first. I replaced a much older toaster oven that fit fine under our cabinets. This one just barely squeezed in. The only reason I’d replace mine is if they came out with an updated version. Been eyeing the digital model but see no reason to send mine to the landfill just yet.

1 Like

Life changing. I don’t know how many times my wife or I will say how much we love this Toast-A-Fryer-Oven thing. With practice, you can cook pretty much anything.
The fan is powerful so you get very even cooking. It heats up pretty quickly. The interior size is good and doesn’t take up a lot of counter space.
Highly recommended.

1 Like

I’ve read some reviews that say that temperature is not accurate at all. Can anyone comment on this?
Also, if these are returns, can it be safely assumed that it was checked out before reselling here on Woot?