Adeptus Rolling Cart: Your Choice

Adeptus Rolling Cart: Your Choice

Nice cart but almost impossible to put together. Nails don’t have a point so they won’t go through the back slat. There’s no holes for the screws so they are ridiculously difficult to screw in. The Phillips heads get ruined and you’ll need to buy replacements. Unfortunately these are specialty screws and you’ll have to settle for a near match.
My box did contain all the listed parts and the instructions were easy to follow.

4 Likes

What size are the drawers? Are they large enough to store 12” x 12” sheets of vinyl?

What is the drawer depth?

According to Adeptus’ website. the inside drawer dimensions are 9.65 x 12.32 x 2.67. So no, this won’t work for your vinyl.

The dimensions in the spec sheet for the gateleg cart are different from the picture. The picture dimensions makes more sense, but this is Woot. Can we get a fix please? Picture is 41.6 with the gateleg/top opened, base is 21.4 wide 15.4 deep and 29.2 tall. (And woot inch decimal fractions are a mess. Maybe 29.2 ~= 29 1/4.)

The wide one would fit your vinyl but the narrow would not.

Bought one several years ago. Solid well-made. Imperfections in natural wood will show.

They need to put a Woot! sticker on these because it seems they’re only selling them here

1 Like

Once again (I feel like I have to post something like this every month or two about these…)
This is an awful unit, really bad design, difficult to put together.
Just as bad as your worst IKEA nightnare, raised to the sixth power…
Do… Not. Buy.

Hey, how in the world is this company still in business?
And why in the world is Woot still hawking their garbage?

These have been sold a bunch or times and there’s always a bunch of comments complaining about how cheap they are and how difficult they are to put together so I bought one to decide for myself.

It is made of real wood but it’s light. A few places say pine.

It was not as difficult to put together as I expected from all the complaining. It did take some time since nothing is pre-drilled. If you’re putting this together with hand tools then I understand why you think it’s so hard to assemble. Fortunately, I’m an adult and own power tools. It made the job a lot easier. I wouldn’t have attempted this build without them. Because nothing is pre-drilled you do need to be careful to not split the boards. I did split one but fortunately it didn’t go all the way through.

Another tip is to make sure the drawers are square when assembling them. Check them after each screw. The boards will slide around as you try to assemble it so make sure everything is square after every screw. This is another unfortunate side effect of not having pre-drilled holes.

All in all it’s a fine little cart. It is cheap, but what do you expect for $50? It does take some time to assemble but it wasn’t nearly the nightmare I was expecting from people’s comments. Make sure you use power tools. You’ll definitely regret trying to build this without them.

Edited to add pictures.

5 Likes

Know you posted this awhile ago. But @pepper114 posted the link on a current listing, so we are only just reading your review.

We found it very helpful. Thank you again.

2 Likes