NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 System

NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 System

I bought this on here a few months ago and have been waiting for the obscene prices to come down on the satellites (I need 4 in total for my home). This two pack is cheaper than buying two satellites, so I would like to pounce on it IF the Router unit can be used as a satellite since, if I buy this, I will then have two two-packs with two routers and two satellites when what I really need is 1 router and 3 satellites. Does anyone know if I can use one of the routers as a satellite? Thanks!

No, it can only be used as a router unfortunately.

1 Like

Depends… do you have hardwired points throughout your house? If yes, you can plug the wireless router somewhere else in the house and establish the mesh system off of it, using it as a bridge.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. When you say hard-wired locations, are you asking whether I have two locations in my home that has access to my main internet box? If so, no, I have one Fios internet line into the home that goes to my only Fios router. Right now, I have one RBK852 router plugged into that Fios router and I was hoping to use the other RBK852 as a satellite.

1 Like

You’re limited to these suggestions…

https://www.netgear-orbi-setup.com/is-it-possible-to-connect-more-than-one-orbi-router-to-the-home-network/

1 Like

Shoot. Sounds like I can’t do it. D’oh!

Thanks for the suggestions.

2 Likes

Bought this, this time, and so far so good. It definitely improves the range and speed of the WiFi in my house, coming off of the 1Gbps fiber connection, from ATT.

1 Like