Ninja FG551 Foodi Smart XL 6-in-1 Indoor Grill

Ninja FG551 Foodi Smart XL 6-in-1 Indoor Grill

Can someone please tell the lady in the 8th picture that she needs to grill it before even bothering to check the temperature. Please.

2 Likes

She was actually inserting the probe that it uses to monitor your food temp while it cooks. It’s in the description of the product

4 Likes

Bought this a while back to replace a T-Fal Optigrill that failed, which replaced a Foreman Grill. I’ve used the Ninja for grilling so far, which it did well; but it can do much more. Overall it’s great, but some things to keep in mind.

• First, it is larger than expected (by me at least). This is taller and chunkier, though it doesn’t really take up much more counter space; mostly just looks huge.
  • Second, it seems pretty smoky, where my prior indoor grills were not. Turning on the stove vent fan helps.
  • Third, it’s surprisingly loud.
  • Fourth, it takes a good while to heat up to temperature, though it has a little graph that shows its progress. Probably doesn’t take unusually long, but since it’s so loud, it feels longer.

That seems like a lot of complaints, but i’m glad i got it.

• It’s more versatile than either previous grill, adding lots of flexibility to the kitchen. I already have a Ninja DT201 oven/air fryer/toaster/dehydrator, so this adds a good amount of overlap while replacing a grill.
  • Grilling results in a fair bit of internal mess, but cleans up quickly. No worse than GF or T-Fail.
  • The informative display gives lots of feedback, tells you when to add or turn food, etc.

I was skeptical of the Ninja products, thinking they seemed gimicky, until i bought the DT201 oven, which replaced an old Black & Decker toaster oven. It sold me on Ninja products, but i had to plan which features i wanted to overlap, since i knew i would be replacing the grill with this Ninja grill when i saw it on sale (or on Woot).

5 Likes

I mostly agree with your comments, but I’ve never experienced any smoke with mine.

2 Likes

Yes, to be fair, “pretty smoky” probably overstates it–“slightly smoky” is more accurate–but in comparison to my prior indoor grills, it does produce more smoke.

Glad you don’t get any smoke! That’d be great.

2 Likes

Is this in its original packaging and does it ship in a covered box? @wootbot

What cooking oil are you using?

Just checking to see if you all were paying attention this Monday morning.

Full House Reaction GIF

1 Like

Hi there. Most refurbished items come in a plain brown or white box.

3 Likes

I love mine. No smoke (what sorcery is this???) and cooks all the things.
It’s been really nice to grill inside all winter or when it rains. Cleanup is super-easy too. I fully recommend this item.

2 Likes

Is the refurb ok? Like, does anyone have experience with Ninja refurbs and the quality of them?

2 Likes

I got a ninja 4-in-1 refurb from woot and it was a little dinged, but otherwise worked without issues. I liked it so much I upgraded to the model sold here because I wanted more surface space to cook on. Gave the other to my in-laws and they are still happy with it as well.

4 Likes

Same as thousandmonkeys I ordered one of these referbs to replace T-Fal Optigrill that failed.
Unfortunately I can’t tell you how it cooks because it arrived damaged.
The right hand hinge was broken due to inadequate packing protection, so the grill lid would not close correctly, unless forced into position.
Woot offered a $30 discount to keep it, but I don’t want to burn myself every time I cook something.
I’m tempted to try again but I really don’t want to go through the return hassle again.

3 Likes

Uh Huh Whatever GIF by chelsiekenyon

2 Likes

I love mine but will agree with the smoke factor. I air fry at 390 and spray the basket with high temp oils like canola, avocado and Pam Grilling high temp (which is canola) and still my smoke alarm goes off when cooking french fries. I keep the basket clean but it just hates me when it comes to air frying and I have no clue how to stop that from happening. I’ve gone down to 375 but that doesn’t help.

Does it come with warranty?

Hi there. we list our warranties at the bottom of the features. This has

Warranty: 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty

2 Likes