Aduro 1080P DVR Dash Cam

Aduro 1080P DVR Dash Cam

2 Likes

FWIW, $20 on the Mothership, 3 star rating.

6 Likes

What about the battery? How long does it last on a charge?

2 Likes

Dash cams have to be plugged in. The internal battery is only there so it can save the file at shutoff.

(Note that I am not staff. I just volunteer to help out on the forums.)

2 Likes

Bought this on AliExpress like 2 or 3 years ago, works good, much to be desired like build quality but it does its job. Comes with a really short mini-USB to USB cable and a crazy long car socket to mini-USB cable.

Takes in at most 64GB microSD and can record in 10 minute clips at most, hard to read license plates but if it’s close enough and not moving crazy fast you can make out the letters and numbers. At night is a big issue as it often catches glare.

1 Like

Does it require 12VDC (from the lighter socket), or does it plug into a USB adapter in that lighter socket, in which case it would work (plugged into a power bank) much like a body-cam…

Found the manual. There’s some vague information there.
Manual | AA-DVC500-06 | DVC500 Manual – Aduro Products

3 Likes

I recommend you avoid this camera. I ordered and received two. Both did NOT have a widescreen lens installed. They both had a zoom lens. The advertised field of view (FOV) of the lens is 135 degrees (should easily provide coverage several feet beyond either end of the front bumper. What I received barely fit a single person within view from the windshield to the bumper and a measured FOV of 15-20 degrees. This is not simply the difference between what is seen on the viewfinder and what is recorded - verified that what is seen is what is recorded as well. Also, the recording mode was set at 1080p - it did not record at 1080p, the output was more in line with VGA.

If you are interested in the option to record audio with the video, the audio stream buzzed and clicked - likely from the power connection, but not very helpful.

A cheap camera is what you get. Can’t image this product having any value at list price let alone at the sale price.

5 Likes

I found dash cams exactly like this (identical, just not this brand, but probably same mfg/factory) on clearance at the Blue Borg for $7.88 sometime back in 2019. I picked up a couple, one for my teen and one for my Mom.

They work decent, but I agree that the FOV doesn’t seem very wide at all. I have a couple different dash/mirror cams in my own vehicles that have a way wider FOV. I only gave them 32gb SD cards, so I don’t know if larger ones will work or not, but they’ve never had any complaints about them.

These are cheap, but having any dash cam (as long as it’s on and working) is better than having none at all. Seems like driving on the post-pandemic racetrack, err Interstate, is worse than it’s ever been in the past.

1 Like

What is the Blue Borg?

Wally World :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: