70mai Dash Cam Pro Plus+ A500S

70mai Dash Cam Pro Plus+ A500S

The reviews are a little disturbing, a bit astro-turfed. Some mention of problems with the internal battery (and difficult to find replacements). More than a few ā€œparking collision detection didnā€™t workā€ w/o realizing that additional hardware is REQUIRED for that to workā€¦ Very little mention of the built-in wifi. Will be nice if true I can see recorded video thru my phone. Incomplete specs - how much memory can be added?

2 Likes

Hi there. Thereā€™s more information on the Amazon page.

https://www.amazon.com/70mai-Recorder-Resolution-Recording-Detection/dp/B083VXLZZ6

3 Likes

So, up to 128Gb, class 10 or higher R/W speed. Confirmed the device is its own wifi hotspot, with real-time monitoring of recorded video. Still looking for replacement battery criteria, but lower priorityā€¦ Good info, thanks!

1 Like

Be aware. I received ā€˜70mai dash cam pro midrive d02ā€™ which is 2019 version instead of ā€˜70mai Dash Cam Pro Plus+ A500Sā€™ which is 2021 version. It is like you buy iphone 13 but they sent out iphone 11 to you.

4 Likes

That doesnā€™t seem right.

Hi there, if you havenā€™t already done so please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please Note: Iā€™m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

1 Like

I think Iā€™m most interested in the machine-intelligence bits about detecting being too close to something in front, and a wakeup alarm for veering out of the lane markings.

From discription 32GB

The link to the mothership data is very helpful.

1 Like

I too received a model different than what is advertised. I then requested the correct model that was advertised be sent or a refund and they sent me another 2019 Pro model without built-in GPS. Pro+ with built-in GPS is false advertising.

2 Likes

Hi there. These are being pulled from Amazon inventory so we donā€™t have a lot of information.

I can see that our customer service is asking Amazon warehouses to check their inventory.

In the meantime, reach out to Woot! Customer Service and ask for a refund.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

Yes, ā€œParking Monitoringā€ requires the optional Hardwire Kit, $16.99 on mothership. And some vehicle wiring savvy :wink:

I too received a model different than what is advertised, it is ā€œPro Midrive D02ā€ without GPS function and ADAS Function. It is false promotion.

No, it was an error. According to everything we had, it was supposed to be the item we advertised. When Amazon went to ship it, there was something else in that bin. Error.

ā€œSpecifications - Model: Midrive D02ā€
THIS says max storage capacity of 16-64GB.
Says nothing about GPS or ADAS functionality (i.e., why I purchased this in the first place).

IS IT POSSIBLE to get the originally described device instead of a refund??

Probably not. The inventory at Amazonā€™s warehouse is the issue.

Do I ship this thing back to get the refund?

ā€œJust another part of the perfect stormā€¦ā€