90's Sci-fi Evolution

I’m pretty sure GladOS doesn’t have an ass… unless you count the ceiling

Good thing that it isn’t spelled SyFy

Dammit! …yes.

I’d have bought it without the text. But I’m just not a fan of text on my shirts.

I think implied it would have been equally as relevant to the people who’d actually get what these things are…

Corrected it again… Changed back to ID4!

Bwahahahahaha Yes I am! Thank you for the big LOL :slight_smile:

I’d agree, but ID4 didn’t have such huge arms either - they were tiny compared to the monstrosities they’re drawn with right now.

You’re thinking of the little guys inside the suits. The biosuits had big arms.

I’m thinking some poor creationist somewhere is going to see this shirt and, at first, think it is calling “the theory of evolution” science fiction. I imagine they will approach the shirtwoot! dighted sci-fi geek as a fellow, at first, only to be horrified upon discovering them to be anything but.

As a creationist, I’d have to disagree, though some that are looking for controversy would find it in a drawing of a daisy. I for one think this shirt is awesome, and am thinking about picking it up. It would be a no brainer if I hadn’t already bought two Dr. Who themed shirts this week. (My wife makes me give her 3of my old shirts for every one I buy.)

I absolutely love this shirt.

While it’s a nice shirt, why did it get printed?

It’s stated it got 3rd place while it actually only got 6th place - WTF.

Look for yourself:

Am I missing something here?!

haha, I thought the three at the end were one big thing, I was so lost, I kept thinking Babylon 5…

Wait…we ditched baggy pants and flannel?

Congrats on your first woot print, Harzack! We had three for three new artists printing in this derby. Wow! :smiley:

If I had to guess, the vote count 2nd, 4th, and 5th place winners were disqualified per this week’s rules.

Specifically, 2nd and 4th probably toed the line of “No copyrighted characters.” and “No text only designs.” too closely. And yes, I know both of them are more than text, but really the only original elements in them are the text and the placement of existing graphics. Yes, they may be redrawn or stylized graphics, but not derivative enough to ensure difference.
5th is much easier to disqualify using only the “No text only designs.” rule because it is basically the definition of a text only shirt done with spraypaint pattern cards.

You’re not alone. I thought B5 and that Kosh in the suit. So we need a second version of this which is TV based.

Unless they changed things… again, only the first place vote getter is guaranteed to be printed. The “2nd” and “3rd” place tees are picked by woot and/or a guest judge or something.

I believe they did this so a wider variety of shirts got printed; things had gotten kind of samey.

P.S. CowboyDann I can’t unsee it now!

If it read “80’s - 90’s Sci-fi Evolution”, the design would need to go all the way around the shirt.

Nothing from Babylon 5? The only good thing that came from the 90’s.

No Thanks, I’ll pass.