Modem Router

Modem Router

Anyone had luck getting AT&T to let them use this? When I set up my VDSL based AT&T Internet the sales rep told me he didn’t think it was allowed, at least not from what he could see-there wasn’t a way to set up the order with customer provided equipment
Edit: can a woot employee confirm if I would be able to return this if I purchase it and AT&T will not activate it? Also (asking due to my phone call with AT&T) is woot confident these modems are not stolen/blacklisted?

Hi there. Yes, you should be able to return it (it has a 90 day warranty). We are confident these modems aren’t stolen.

1 Like

FWIW: finally spoke to a t2 tech and some billing supervisor at AT&T.

BLUF: Purchase at your own risk.

AT&T considers all of their branded modems their property. They also swear up and down these modems are not available for sale, and that they have no idea how these were sourced (though I have to assume a company as large as woot and being an amazon subsidiary they wouldn’t knowingly purchase stolen stuff) Assuming the S/N of these modems does not come back on their blacklist, they will happily activate it. They will not, however, waive the $10/mo equipment fee, and upon canceling their service, they will require you to ship this modem you purchased back to AT&T or be charged the AT&T determined “value” of the device for keeping it. (and possibly have the non-return of equipment reported to your TELCO/utility credit file)