UPGROW HDMI to RCA 1080p HDMI to AV RCA

UPGROW HDMI to RCA 1080p HDMI to AV RCA

Does anyone know if this backwards compatible? Meaning, can the RCA output connection be used for an input and the HDMI input be used for output. It would be useful to hookup an old VCR or other equipment with RCA outs and convert to HDMI. I notice one of the photos shows what I’m talking about.
RCA

The second picture in the description notes that it is not. I too wish it was.

My guess is it is a lot eaasier to downscale from 1080p to rca than upscale from rca to 1080p.

1 Like

Most modern tv’s will still accept RCA. Look closely at the component video inputs. One of the three will be marked with a dual label. That’s for the yellow RCA plug. Red and white go into audio.

Highly depends on the TV. A lot of the cheapo (or we’ll call them inexpensive) TVs don’t anymore. They remove inputs (this includes HDMIs) to save money.

Case in point. I got a 55’ 4K TCL Roku Tv last black Friday for $149. No RCAs and only 2 HDMI inputs. Which is fine because I only use it as a Roku to stream in the bedroom.

However, my 70" LG only has 3 HDMIs (no RCAs either) which has turned out to be limiting. 1 input goes to cable, 1 goes to the soundbar, 1 one to. 4K firestick. Would love to have RCAs for the Wii, or any other inputs for anythings else. The solution is another box to add HDMIs which is clunky at best.

Long story short, check your TV’s first. Both of my TVs are considered bottom end specs for their class and one of the determining factors is in fact their inputs or lack there of.

Ymmv

I pity the person who still needs this.

Strangely one of the Amazon reviews says they’re using this to connect a GameCube to HDMI. Ymmv.

UPGROW HDMI to RCA, 1080p HDMI to AV RCA CVBs Composite Video Audio Converter Adapter Supports PAL/NTSC for TV Stick, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, PC, Laptop, Xbox, HDTV, DVD-Black (UPGROWHRCA01) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088GCQP39