UMICKOO LED Strip Lights Kit

UMICKOO LED Strip Lights Kit

1 Like

Anyone have this?

1 Like

I bought one the last time it was advertised a cpl weeks before Xmas. Install was a breeze, only downside I can find is that since this utilizes a ir remote, you will find that your other remotes such as TV will also change settings and colors on the led strips. These do not offer Bluetooth as other brands do.

No app controi, keep that in mind. I have no experience with this product, but let me just say that I do really love the Govee RGBIC 5m that I picked up just before the holidays. Comes with a ton of various scenes, music mode, solid colors, each LED is addressable, you can make your own custom scenes as well, and of course smart assistant integration. Yes, they aren’t cheap like these ones, but this is apples:oranges.

1 Like

This happens with some LED candles we have!

They didn’t even come with remotes but apparently have the sensors installed anyway. We’d be changing our TV channels and the lights would flicker, and turn on or off, lol.

1 Like

ahh yeah that happens with mine too and seems to be common of most these style LED lights, Galaxy projectors, candles, or anything with similar tech and similar remote.

I bought some back in November. It comes with an IR remote which works as expected. If you don’t want to use the IR remote (or can’t find it), there’s also an app that connects to the light control module via BT. The app will let you pick colors, change color transition speeds and types, dim/brighten, and set on/off schedule (but your phone or whatever you BT it to needs to be connected which makes the on/off schedule practically useless unless you have a device around just for this). There’s a function through the app that uses the microphone to listen for sound (like if you’re playing music through a speaker system or even on your phone) that’ll change the colors.

I ended up first trying it out in my office at work since we didn’t have a tree for Christmas:

After the holidays, I brought them back home and we decided to see how they worked as under-cabinet and in-cabinet lighting in our kitchen…

2 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Do you happen to know the name of the app you used to connect to the controller over bluetooth?

1 Like

I ordered 3 of these, and the reels in the first box all had connectors at the end to extend them, but the other 2 boxes did not. Also, the tape on the first reel had no stickiness after about 2 feet, I had to go out and get double sided tape to install. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

There should have been a slip of paper in the box telling you about the app. However, it’s this one in the Play Store (I’m not Apple so I can’t say if its called the same thing there or not):

I didn’t even peel the tape when I made the Christmas tree but we did end up using a staple gun in any trouble spots we had in our cabinets (i.e. particle board). Just use a wide enough staple not to puncture the strip.

How many strips can you connect together? Is is more than the two that comes in the box?

Vendor says no connecting together.

I was able to connect 3 on a single run. Had there been more reels included with end connectors then I am sure it would have continued going. The power module has 2 connectors on it, so you can place it in the middle of the area you want to cover and run in opposite directions.

Thanks @mareli83 I was able ti find that same app in the iOS App Store, but cant seem to find the lights via bluetooth. The app does not offer much help in the way of establishing a connection.

1 Like

IIRC correctly, you need to scan the QR code on the control box to add it to the app.

Strange, mine works fine connected together (2 strands).

Yeah, there was conflicting info on Amazon. We opted to go with what the vendor stated.

:woman_shrugging: