BYD N95 Face Masks

BYD N95 Face Masks

More than $1 per mask seems steep for bulk pack.

Hey, Internet randos, are these fake?

1 Like

Legit but you can find the same set of 20 for $19.99 thru Amazon or officedepot (https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/9873715/BYD-Care-N95-Respirator-Masks-Adult/)

3 Likes

This is a legit brand. Very large, reputable Chinese company (more than half the N-95 masks including many from 3M are made in China). It is very snug which I like, but others who do not realize the need have objected to in some reviews. A well-fitting N-95 mask is even supposed to block out perfume. That does require a snug fit. We have used them in our health care setting. While I have seen it advertised for more than 20% less, invariably, they were sold out.

3 Likes

These are on the list for recalls by the manufacture because the company didn’t implement, maintain, and control a quality management system. Check under model number and lot numbers.

Check where?

Thank you for bringing the possible Customer Notice to our attention. While these products have not been recalled, we have added a link to the BYD Customer Notice to the detail page. We’ll update with more information when it’s available.

I have been recalled back to the fridge for another piece of home made cheesecake.

2 Likes

Check bottom of box. Production Lot and and BA… alphanumeric sequence. I would note that it is to their credit, the manufacturer is the one who did Quality Control recall. Of 4 boxes I have from Amazon not Woot itself, one has the decreased filtration.

They still are best in terms of fitment of masks I have used. If the mask has gaps on the side, or sides of nose because of poor nose clip, then it is far less effective.

from BYD https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/SDE/Digest/2021-22/D2322_Field_Action_Customer_Notification.pdf

1 Like

Make it two, please. I’m hungry.

1 Like

Three please.

1 Like

Wanna share your piece with Gordon?

He’s out with Todd.

Shopping?

1 Like

For Valentine’s day.