Microsoft Xbox Series S (512GB)

Microsoft Xbox Series S (512GB)

1 Like

…. Can I play my Blu Rays on this….:eyes:

2 Likes

No. This has no disc drive. The one with the drive lists for $500, But is impossible to find anywhere near that price.

2 Likes

Have to admit Microsoft making a huge play with the purchase of Activision. I’m certainly not one for having an allegiance towards one console over the other. I’ve pretty much rotated my entire life between PlayStations, and nintendos, and an Xbox 360 in there somewhere. But game pass and Microsoft owning so much of that intellectual property ( and it existence of at least one console that you can actually buy) gives it some serious leverage over Sony.

3 Likes

Is this the laser disc one?

3 Likes

it only plays betamax via a separate dongle that costs extra

5 Likes

You may be able to convert your discs to digital for a small fee then stream them on this console.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/d2d

1 Like

You mean to tell me the Xbox One s with the disk drive goes for $500 now?

Production of all Xbox One models has stopped. The price of those old models may go up in the short term.

The Xbox Series X is the new $500 one that is more powerful than the one listed here. It has a disc drive and more drive space in addition to the better performance.

You can get a refurb blu-ray player for like $20.

If you find an Xbox one S with a disk drive…buy it. The “S” versions do not have disk drives. (So that’s not a thing.) The “X” have disk drives.

While I’m disappointed that the sale on this device is only $20, would a $20 USB 3.0 blu-ray drive reader be fast enough for streaming play compared to the internal storage, or can the system download the game from the disk?

1 Like

I have a One S with a disc a drive, the One S had both Disc and Disc-less versions.

The Series S is only available Disc-less

I sold my One S for 100 dollars years ago cause I had just got a One X

They say USB blu-ray drives don’t work with the Xbox.

rip em (or get a good rip if no bd drive for PC)
save to external (uhd disc up to 100gb for uncompressed)
plug in USB
whole library at your fingertips

2 Likes

I apologize, they did briefly make them! I now feel like an idiot. Lol. Thanks for clarification.

1 Like