DuroStar 4000W Portable Generator

DuroStar 4000W Portable Generator

2 Likes

Started reading the first bunch of reviews on this, but it appears at least some of them are for a wheel kit and not for the generator itself. I will do some more research before deciding on this item, but the buyer beware these review scores are somewhat misleading

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a whole bunch of products are sharing the same ASIN.

https://www.amazon.com/DuroStar-DS4000S-Starting-Portable-Generator/dp/B004918MO2

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

3 Likes

Just FYI - the deal is for the generator, but it does not come with the optional wheel kit (it’s like $50 on Amazon).

Correct. It’s in one photo but I’ll see if they can add that note to the features.

I guess Texas is expecting snow and below freezing temperatures.

Woot may want to add an “outdoor use only” disclaimer; as this model lacks a CO Safety Killswitch.

2 Likes

omg seriously? I just bought it lastnight thinking it could be used indoors. I wish I saw your comment before smdh! I wonder what kind of hassle I will run into trying to return it.

1 Like

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

1 Like

Cancel order?

All gasoline, propane, natural gas, and diesel generators are “outdoor use only”. Even an integrated CO detector does not ensure that dangerous level of CO hasn’t made its way into a house. The best place for a CO detector is inside near bedrooms.