Bulova Automatic Stainless Steel Watch

Bulova Automatic Stainless Steel Watch

How do we have an automatic quartz movement here?

I’m no expert, but I think that means it is “self winding” meaning that your arm and wrist movements wind the watch rather than a battery or stem winding.

I have one my dad owned. You can buy boxes to keep the watches wound by moving the watches.

2 Likes

It’s a good-looking watch. Not listed on the website anymore so it’s probably discontinued.

Also, the ad copy reads, in part:

• Stainless steel screw-back case, textured black three-hand dial with silver-tone Roman numerals/markers and round dial aperture offering a glimpse of the self-winding 21-jewel heartbeat movement.
1 Like

Crap. I need to quit looking at this watch.

Otherwise I’m going to be buying a deeply-discounted fine dress watch.

I don’t even put on pants some days.

2 Likes

Fine…there’s going to be at least 2 well-dressed wrists in the USA. Maybe my buddy in Missouri & I can work on a secret handshake.

Happy Singles Awareness Day to me. :heart:

3 Likes

Congrats!

I bought myself a couch throw and some hot pads.

3 Likes

Oh, that sound comfy!

2 Likes

Got the watch today. I think I type better when I’m wearing it.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Yikes. The crown is on the inside. That would freak me out. And that’s his right arm, so how does he wind it? Ah! It’s an automatic. Still freaks me out. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Welcome to my lefty world. lol

1 Like

Yes. I could see the improvement in your typing right away.

3 Likes

Quartz is not a self winding. Quartz uses a battery to vibrate a crystal. Not mechanical or automatic.

I guess you really told me…a month later. lol

It’s a nice watch, I like it. Maybe next time you’ll feel like engaging the public forum to explain yourself.

The description said both quartz and automatic. I wanted it but not if it was a quartz. Ive been screwed over on one watch from woot. I wanted to be sure it was an auto.

The sale is over now. Have a nice evening!