Dash 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker, Fig

Dash 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker, Fig

I bought this ice cream maker about a month ago. So far I really like it. I’ve made salted pecan Carmel, mint chocolate chip, vanilla, and coconut ice cream. It’s super easy to use, easy and very little clean up. It would serve about 4 people if you serve reasonable sized portions.It’s on the smaller side so if your looking to make larger batches, this isn’t for you.

7 Likes

Nowhere do i see this as originally 69. Why be so misleading? Highest price i see is 49. Blue one sams model on amazon is 39.

2 Likes

Even direct from the manufacturer, they were never higher than $58, and they closed them out at $39 when they discontinued them.

3 Likes

do you have to put something in the freezer, or just plug in and add stuff and it makes ice cream?

3 Likes

Yes, no.

Core has to be frozen. Mix needs to be chilled/nearly frozen. Many examples on YouTube.

3 Likes

The bowl that sits inside the ice cream maker has to go in the freezer. The instructions recommend 24 hours. I myself have put it in the deep freeze around 11 pm and used it again like at Noon the next day. I think as long as it’s frozen it will be fine. The ice cream mixture the instructions say to chill it for a minimum of 2 hours, the colder it is, the better. I have chilled the mixture for the recommended 2 hours minimum each time I made ice cream and it turns out just as it should. My refrigerator I have set at the lowest possible temperature and still be safe. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Any small units like this will need to be “pre-frozen” – I know there used to be compressor-based ice-cream-makers but they were quite large and heavy and noisy (and also very expensive). They even had them in the 1980s. I always wanted one. :frowning:
But realistically a big heavy thing isn’t probably what you will want in the long term. So at this price something like this seems kind-of fun to play with.

3 Likes

So this is listed as 2 quart capacity yet the first user says it’s on the small side and would/might serve four people. Hmmm. That sounds more like a one quart capacity and the model is “Dash 2”. Whatever the capacity I’m betting it’s not two quarts. Throwing the BS flag on this one.

1 Like

It’s listed as a 2qt every place I found it on the Internets. And the internets don’t lie.

Well if the internet says so… in for 1!

2 Likes