USA Flag Throw

USA Flag Throw

1 Like

Because people tend to have questions about the flag when this comes up, your questions can probably be found addressed in this thread:

USA Flag Throw

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like

This is NOT an American flag, just a similar decorative item, like flag style “bunting” that is nearly always draped all over the place at federal swearing in (inauguration) ceremonies.

U.S. Executive Order 10834 specifies proportions for the flag, as recreated here. The U.S. flag has a proportion of 1:1.9 .

Since this is 50" x 70" it has a ratio of 1:1.4 - a far cry from correct for a flag.

And as my European friends keep asking “Why do so many Americans worry that someone is burning their flag without learning WHY people are burning that flag?”

And yes I’m buying two. Again.

Well, it does really look like a flag… :us:

As for me, I don’t care what people do with an American Flag after they purchase it, and will defend their right to display it with pride or to stomp on it.

1 Like

I don’t think he was calling this a flag, I think he was referring to the flag IMAGE.

Hey all. Let’s move this conversation over to the political thread. Thanks!

Can Politics Be Civil?

2 Likes

My sentiments also, just pointing out to the self appointed flag police this does not conform to the requirements in THEIR FLAG CODE to be considered a flag.

One of the oddest things I’ve observed over the years, is our “flag code” says the flag should always be displayed such that the blue field is on the right, but most gifs, emojis, clip-art, and even American stamps show the blue field on the left. I’ve even seen OLD photos of special military units that had a flag emblem as part of their uniform where the field is on the left. And before anyone posts recent photos proving me wrong, I’m talking 50’s 60’s 70’s latest, I am well aware of the standardization of US military uniforms to include a correctly oriented flag to identify US men & women serving within a UN or other international force.

Why the U.S. Flag Is Worn Backward on Army Uniforms.

1 Like

Interesting article but according to the “official flag code” that “backwards” flag is actually correctly displayed, and most others that we accept as correct are actually backwards…
I served in USAF in the 1970’s, and our unit (due to special uniform requirements) had American flags on the chest above our name strips. Many guys thought it was hilarious that “Uncle Sam made’em backwards” as the blue fields were on the right as seen by anyone viewing us, that is to say they were centered over our right shirt pocket and the blue field was towards our left / the “gig line”. This of course was decades before the flag was made an official and required part of all US Military uniforms.
Also when our birds won the quarterly bomb nav competition, they got flags stenciled on like the WWII “kill” flags, and again the blue field was on the right. Oddly since the same stencil was used on both side of the plane, the ones on the planes right faced forward, and of course the ones on the planes left faced the rear…

I also grin everytime I see current armed forces units with the flag done in subdued colors matching the “camo” colors in use the the specific theater, when the 2005 regs state it is ALWAYS to be rendered in red, white, and blue. Thankfully whomever specifies what is worn in active theaters can override that red-white-blue bit as that would simply be a “bullseye” painted on the shoulder and kind of cancel the camo intent.