Segway ES3 Scooter Refurbished

Segway ES3 Scooter Refurbished

Does this come with OEM batteries and chargers? Who is the refurbisher? Is it Segway doing the refurbishing?

1 Like

I also would like to know this.

Thunder Thighs where are you to answer questions???

No charger included??? “ In the Box:

• (1) Segway Ninebot ES3 Folding Electric Scooter Refurbished”
1 Like

I asked early this morning. Haven’t heard back yet.

1 Like

I have just received mine, purchased as refurb on 02/17/22 (Segway ES3 Scooter Refurbished), and mine DID NOT come with CHARGER or the 4 SCREWS required to attach the handle bars.

I have also previously purchased it as open box on 02/12/22 (Segway ES3 Fold Electric Scooter Renewed (Open Box)) and that one was also missing charger and the 4 screws.

Both only contained the scooter + detached handle bars. Nothing else. No manuals or anything.

Very unhappy as this is a burden to haul off to UPS to return.

Dang, I’m sorry. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

I have via phone call and they said they will check with the vendor to see. They can send a another unit for exchange if it has the screws and charger. Just pretty annoyed by the whole ordeal.

No charger would very much make this not a deal. I want to know if its the same as charger the unit would come with as new, and how do we know how many cycles are on the batteries on the refurbs. If the batteries are replaced during refurbishment are they the same brand as Segway uses? Is Segway the seller and or the refurbisher? Not having all the hardware in the box would be annoying, but more annoying would be having to find and buy a charger. Bolts could be purchased at a local hardware store if you know the thread pitch and length are. However at this price point this should be ready to use right out of the box. I wouldn’t expect cosmetic perfection, but if the batteries charging cycles are all used up that may be why they were returned and battery replacement is most likely not part of the refurbishment process.

No replacement batteries or chargers available from Segway website. Looks like this product is no longer supported by Segway.

1 Like

I bought this from woot in December and it came with the charger and screws to mount the handlebars. That would be silly to sell an item like this without a charger.

Well they do sell it without the charger it appears. Also “in the box” no charger is listed.
How has your battery life stood up? The batteries will only cycle so many times. Is it a Segway charger or an aftermarket charger? Did they replace the batteries for the refurbishment?

ThunderThighs Whom did you ask? Segway or a third party refurbisher?

Looks like a nice scoot, however it looks like we are not going to get answers before this thing times out. So its likely a hard pass for me without answers.

3rd party by some group called Lawrence Group not sure on spelling. I was told it will have a charger by customer service

1 Like

Answered below so you get pinged I’m replying here.

I have another Segway just like it I bought somewhere else and the charger is same. I don’t know if the batteries were replaced , but it was like new when I got it and it runs just like the other one I own. You will need to download the Segway app to unlock speed settings.

Meh I just bought a brand new Esk8 board. It has more power, and it’s easier to carry once I get to work.