A/C or Fan?

1 Like

Yes.

9 Likes

Both A/C AND fan is the correct answer.

13 Likes

Woot math.

5 Likes

Fan. A/C creates soft people. Our great-grandparents didn’t have A/C and somehow they managed to survive. Plus, when you do have A/C, it just makes the heat that much more unbearable because when you do have to go outside, your body temperature has acclimated to the colder air, making the heat feel that much hotter.

4 Likes

My great grandparents also didn’t have indoor plumbing.

My grandparents were from the South, and loved their air conditioning.

9 Likes

I grew up in the desert, so heat doesn’t bother me. I’ve acclimated my family to the heat as well because I’m too cheap to use fans OR air conditioning. They’ll thank me later when climate change turns this planet into Arrakis.

No One Landscape GIF

1 Like

Our great grandparents also didn’t have climate change getting worse by the second. Where I live not having AC creates dead people. I’d rather be soft than dead.

6 Likes

Funny. I live in the South - without A/C - where it’s hotter than hell and I’m still alive. What does not kill us, only makes us stronger. Well… it used to…

1 Like

Yeah. They did. Because the climate has been under constant change since the beginning of time.

2 Likes

I guess your Southern grandparents had more money than my Southern grandparents.

2 Likes

I’ve set my A/C to 78 and run the ceiling fan to compensate. Keeps the energy bills from running up too high.

2 Likes

Also, about 2/3 the average lifespan.

3 Likes

It wasn’t the heat that killed them.

2 Likes

We also were born without clothes. But we learned to adapt by 1st grade. It was pleasant when the screaming stopped.

3 Likes

It’s the “that could get us killed” part that sorta bothers me.

Like bungie jumping with a metal tow cable that a drunk dude did. …once. They managed to reattach the dangling foot in the hospital OR.

1 Like

What does not kill us, only makes us stronger. Well… it used to…

The 700+ people who died in a Chicago heat wave (1995) and the 1400+ who died in 2 Paris heat waves (2019) must have been faking.

2 Likes

I grew up in the desert, so heat doesn’t bother me.

It’s a dry heat. I’ve experienced 95 degree weather in Las Vegas and Boston. In Boston, the heat sticks to you.

4 Likes

AC + fan…

6 Likes

I live in Phoenix. It’s 5:30 a.m., the sun’s not up yet, but it’s 89 degrees on my patio. 'Nuff said.

2 Likes