A Rose by Any Other Page

Balled up paper for roses. The artist must have trouble throwing anything away.

Just noticed that KidsWoot has DuneCraft Grow Your Own Garden Kits - Vegetable and Hummingbird Bundle.

I knew this was in the top 3. Congrats!

Love the a-ha nod(s) in the write-up. I really like the design but think it would look strange on me due to my shape. I’d take a framed print though.

Overall, just a very well thought out and well executed piece. Congrats on the print!

Congratulations! I love this design! I will be buying this shirt. If not today, sometime soon.

if only I could end up with something this cool whenever I screwed something up

Very nice work here

Not only is it really refreshing to see this win, but the write-up made me laugh a lot because (should I be ashamed to say this?) I too thought of castrati Norwegian pop when I first saw the shirt in the derby…

I didn’t get the write-up at first, but then I had one of those “A ha!” moments…

Chris Griffin & A-ha - Take on me

congrats skirochester :slight_smile:

Hahaha, that’s exactly what I thought of when I saw this shirt. Awesome.

Looks like a shout (or at least homage/influence) to M.C. Escher – Great design and very welll done!

This would imply the song and accompanying video were released in 1995. Did you mean 26 years?

It’s the bikers with the wrenches I’m more fearful of…

I’m very proud of this one and so appreciative of all the great comments and support I’ve gotten. I came up with idea when I was stumped on what to draw and staring at a crumpled up piece of paper on my desk. Then spent an entire night with my pencil set literally drawing a piece of trash.

The rose-bud is a lie?

Nice design, its very beautiful. I love the fact that the rose is slowly growing out from the paper and looks 3-D, very well done.

Gorgeous design! I just wish the shirt was in a better color (cream/tan/“natural” looks horrible on me). :frowning:

I am so incredibly happy this shirt placed, and in first especially!

I’ve been wanting it since it first bloomed to life before being crushed by the mean ol’ rejectionator’s weed killer. :stuck_out_tongue: