A Vintage Hunter

A Vintage Hunter

Drat. More untranslated characters. Pass.

Google Translate flips between “Bounty Crop” and “Bounty Harvest”. I suspect it’s closer to the latter and was probably the closest translation they could get to “Bounty Hunter”.

1 Like

This is why I pass all my designs by my friend who works at the Japanese consulate and my cousin who’s a translator.

1 Like

If you just stab “Bounty Hunter” into Google translate you get the result on the shirt. However, if you go to a Japanese toy website, like the renowned https://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/, and bring up Boba Fett and then fiddle around to see how they translated it, you get バウンティ・ハンタ. I’m no Japanologist, but the translate results lead me to believe that this is kinda a phonetic representation of Bounty Hunter. However, if you throw it into a normal Google search, it’s pretty clear that it’s the result you want.

This shirt could conceivably be bad for your health to wear in some neighborhoods - it skirts an edge of “fraught with bad judgment”. And the people who WILL take exception to this aren’t likely to be open to discussing the possibly humorous interpretation.