AAA 102-Piece Roadside Kit

Add a tire plug kit, spray bottle with soapy water and a 12v inflator. Ready to go!

No, you’re wrong there! It’s more like 80-84 band aids! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why not?

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/426/1629/38563314253_large.jpg

Don’t have strength info but Stephanie just measured and it’s 139” – approx… give or take.
She measured from the inside of the hook to inside of hook.

Feel free to say thank you to Stephanie! :slight_smile:

Damn, you beat me to it. I was trying to find a picture of my Miata towing my 16’ Hobie Cat.

Edit: if you have a NA (90-97) you can remove the spare tire, and there’s kind of a tunnel behind it. I’ve always kept my emergency kit in that tunnel.

Is the flashlight that comes with this a crank-powered flashlight? It says in the features that it is, but the picture doesn’t look like it and it doesn’t specify in the specs.

Can someone please confirm for me? If it is indeed a crank, then I’m definitely in for 2.

I have some hard won advice for anyone that will listen.
Buy your safety gear like a life depended on it, because it will. NEVER BUY CHEAP!
Pack everything in water proof storage bags/containers. With top of the line flashlights (more than one). And don’t forget the silver space blankets.
Visit web sites that give advice on how to do this. Then make your choices.

Nothing will bring the importance of doing this correctly then coming apron a very serious car accident late at night in a snow storm and you’re the only one that can help. Its pitch black out, sub-zero and snowing with high winds. Do you think a little pen flash light will do it? How about blankets for injured people?
The worst case is, it’s you in the accident.
The best situation is being prepared for it and never having to use it.

Arg. I really wanted a kit with 50 bandages and this one only has 49. I’ll have to patiently wait for another kit to come out.

Sorry. I just wandered down to look at it. It requires 2AA batteries, included. And ours was black, not red as shown in the vendor’s picture we used.

I’ve emailed in to get the features updated.

Why not this from Amazon for less with Prime.
http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Automotive-22-1-65006-1-Roadside-Emergency/dp/B000XV4EI0/ref=sr_1_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1371069966&sr=1-9&keywords=aaa+roadside+emergency+kit

Includes tire sealent and space blanket.

doesn’t the new Samsung Galaxy S4 carry all this?

I already have a roadside emergency kit and a first aid kit (woot purchased) in my van. But I always look at preparedness gear. I found one spec very confusing: “(1) 4286AAA-T 1-Sided Bag”. One-sided bag? Is this in flatland? How is a bag that unfolds flat one-sided? Outside+inside= two sides (when unzipped and lying flat).

It’s like the deli that slices the ham so thin it only has one side.

Anyone receive theirs yet? I received a tracking link to USPS, but it isn’t an update yet. Just for kicks, I tried the tracking number on UPS’s and FedEx’s sites - FedEx has that number in “initiated” status.

Sounds like your order will be shipping via FedEx Smartpost. This means FedEx will get your order to your city, and will then hand it off to your local post office for final delivery. I know most of my orders have arrived this way.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: