Able Planet NC500SC Sound Clarity Noise Canceling Headphones

How do these compare to Dr Dre’s Monsterbeats Headphones?

I am wondering if noise-cancelling headphones offer any benefit to those of us with severe tinnitus?

Some reviews:

http://alatest.com/reviews/headphone-reviews/ableplanet-sound-clarity-nc500sc/po3-51775968,74

great price, but i so cant wear it in the gym… sweaty mess

While I am being openly optimistic about the hostile amazon takeover (probably pushed forward by you sneeky little screaming howler monkey mortimer), I was hoping for something a little better going into the holiday weekend. Hoping for better the next 2 days.

Here’s a bunch of mostly good reviews at your favorite site, amazon!

Are we ever going to get crap again? I’m kind of scared at this new Woot guys.

Someone hold me.

Hey, we had 2 great days of great deals. I got the 1st, missed the Kindle.

Don’t jump to conclusions, geez.

See, I’m the opposite. I’m always happier to see a new item than a refurb. Bring it on! Also I very sad I missed out on the Kindle.

How many products do you see on Woot that you don’t see on Amazon? And why would you want a refurb anything, especially something you wear on your head/ears. Good deal in my eyes.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&q=nc500sc+review&cid=5100963316407739461&ei=CXQtTJTAO4qU2QTO1p3dAg&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p

Google Products for Reference

Something different, a heck of a deal, I actually need some decent headphones for the new job, and my hearing ain’t what it used to be.

Maybe this isn’t such a bad jungle.

In for one.

Very impressed with the new products so far that Amazon/Woot have brought on the last 2 days - super deals Woot - Keep them comin’!

I have one theory as to why Amazon bought Woot out. It’s cuz it will end up being cheaper for them in the long run as all of the Amazon affiliate links that Woot has up on their Deals.Woot site will no longer be a liability for Amazon.

Regardless, as long as Woot keeps it’s woot-ness I’m happy.

I love the Bose QC-15’s, but I refuse to pay $350 for them. If anyone has used these Able Planet cans, please post your thoughts?

They claim so(from their web site):
SOUND CLARITY provides Full Rich Sound for people with normal hearing and Enhanced Sound Clarity for individuals with mild to moderate hearing loss.

woot’s new owners have it for $200 plus shipping.
link to amazon

tigerdirect has it for $150 plus shipping.
link to tigerdirect

and ebay will have a bunch of them for sell in about 2 weeks for $100 plus shipping.

These are tiny speakers for use on your head. They have a band which allows you to strap these tiny speakers to your head. The person who has these tiny speakers strapped to his or her head can hear the audio produced by these tiny speakers quite well, though those who don’t have these tiny speakers strapped to their heads can not. These tiny speakers, which you strap to your head (tiny speaker head-straps are included) require you to have an audio source which these tiny speakers can connect to before they can deliver audio to the head and/or heads the speakers are strapped to, if any. I hope this helps explain the usefulness of tiny speakers which are strapped to heads. Amen.

The really good ones make you feel like you are in your own little sound cocoon. These appear to do the job.

While these may do a great job of blocking things out, the awesome price on this is hard to ignore. Let the wall of silence commence!

They’re the same as any “noise canceling headphones”. The way they work is there is a tiny microphone inside that you have to turn on (yes, it’s battery powered) and it will pick all the sounds that around you and attempt to drown though out. It only works at a certain decibel range, so unfortunately, you’ll still be able hear that baby crying behind you on your flight. If you are in a room that’s virtually noiseless, you might be able to hear the microphone working to drown out noises. (It’s a very faint hiss) If you’ve ever worked with a professional headset for anything, you’ll know what I’m talking about. I’m actually wearing a pair of noise canceling headphones right now. Even though they aren’t turned on, the fan that I have in my room is noticeably harder to hear. If I had it turned on, I probably wouldn’t hear it at all.

The thing to remember about these, though, is that they are noise canceling, not sound canceling.