Able Planet Sound Clarity Noise Canceling Headphones

Here’s the secret behind noise canceling headphones

Exactly.

Third woot, first time being the first sucker.

Pretty cool way to end my first woot-off!

Edit: And that and I lost out on that Razer headset from two nights ago because of miscounting :frowning: This redeems it wholly!

Naw… Nothing seems to stop that racket!

Also, I found a review from C-net… i love their reviews. Enjoy!

Pros: Sound clarity as advertised and very impress, soft for the ear drum.
Great Battery life on Noise canceling on.
NC work pretty good as per dollars compare to similar price range headphone…

Cons: The ear cup is a little too narrow, it hurt my ear over a long period of time.
The headset band is a little to tide, after awhile, felt pretty uncomfortable.
The bass is a little weak when listen to musics require lots of woofer power.

Summary: Compare to Bose QC 15, Still a long way to go. I think Able Planet should redesign a little with with stronger base option, lighter flexible and strong headband, slightly larger earcup.

cnet Reviews:
http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/able-planet-nc500sc-sound/4505-7877_7-33230038.html

$150 from Tigerdirect:

These go for $150+ on the web and get strong reviews.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Able+Planet+NC500SC&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADBS&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=5100963316407739461&ei=ol1vTPm1MMO78gaO9KH1Cw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCsQ8wIwAg#

if you travel at all, or dont like annoying sound coming from dorm rooms next to yours, active noise canceling headphones are a must. I own a cheapo pair made by sony, and loved how i couldnt even hear the jet engines on plane rides, or the kid next door at college who thought listening to rap at 3 AM was a good idea.

ZDnet review

alaTest

TestFreaks

Froogled

How do these Able Planet Noise Canceling Headphones compare against the Bose Noise Canceling Headphones?

Be forwarned I was unimpressed with their earbuds. Poor response.

So there’s one thing I wonder with these, does the sound quality degrade as the battery gets low? Or does it just suddenly cut out?

Also, do they still work (without canceling) when the batteries die completely?

WHAT?..

I can’t hear ya, over here…

Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz

Sensitivity at 1 kHz; 115 dB (Off); 121 dB (On)

…know what I mean?..

worse than Bose QC15… but here also 1/6th the price

Price of these things have varied DRAMATICALLY over time. They’ve been as cheap as <$70, though right now they appear to be more expensive.

Personally, I don’t much like the sound of these headphones. For $20-30, I’d say they’re a good deal. For $50? Naw. Not very accurate.

The sound isn’t really any better than the Aiwa HP-CN6/Sony MDR-NC6 (same headphones, different nameplates), headphones available for <$50 pretty widely…

I’ve been following the woot off for 3 days looking for these. In for one. Time for a nap.

Bought these last time they appeared on Woot.

Pluses:

-good value for the money
-nice case
-overall good sound
-detachable cord with separate volume control
-pretty good noise reduction
-pretty good sound isolation

Minuses:

-at least at first, sound seems kind of muddy. Seems to improve as headphones burn in, but it’s still not as crisp as my quality earbuds. It seems to have something to do with the cup position: if I press the cups against my ear, the sound gets crisper.
-if you don’t fit the cups just right, they can be uncomfortable on your ears, pinching parts of your ears between cup and your head.

Bottom line:

I don’t use them as much as I thought I would, but at times at the end of a long day when I just want to tune out the wife and family, they work well.

I thought about it more and just bought another set to leave at the office to drown out the sound of my dreams die. Great buy.

From when I tested them out for a review, if you have perfect hearing they will come up Slightly less quality that the top of the line Bose headphones.
Noise cancellation is roughly equal. Sufficient for an airline flight, or San Francisco’s screaming BART trains.
However …
if you ever had a garage band, or danced in front of the speakers all night long … or dimmed your hearing by living for more than 20 years …
the sound quality from their LINX Audio will brighten what you hear significantly fuller than what you’ll hear on the Bose headphones.

Now … for a 20 page discussion on noise-cancellation … since that always seems to raise an argument.
Short version… noise cancellation will cancel the lower frequency background noises, and primarily those that are consistent.
The ear cups are sufficient to Dampen the noise of the screaming child or spoiled BMW driver in the plane seat behind you … but that’s from the ear cups, not from the noise cancellation.

I got these last time and i have to say they are amazing i suggest you buy them…

THE WOOT IS OVER AND THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT YET.