Able Planet True Fidelity Sound Isolation Earphones with Linx Audio

Ohhhhhh, I wish. For $30/pair and active noise canceling, I’d be in for 3. Unfortunately, there’s no way you’ll find active noise cancelling earbuds for $30 (I’ve been looking lots recently). Sorry.

On the positive side, I have a similar pair of Sony earbuds that have some noise-cancellation effects. They’re quite comfortable, even for long periods of time, even though the snug fit is the only thing that blocks out external noise. I think it’s because they’re silicone. Note: they only block out white noise, not sharp sounds or speech.

Nope. Only a volume slider. I’m not a fan of volume sliders on my earbuds.

Huh? What? I can’t hear you! Why is everyone talking so quiet? If your going to talk about me, at least have the decency do it behind my back.

Ohhhh, wait a minute. I had the earplugphones in my ears. Nevermind.

They don’t. First of all, the little switch in the middle is just a built-in volume control for the headphones themselves, and won’t adjust a device’s volume. If you look at the connector, they don’t have a third stripe for a mic/controller as is required for a remote.

Are these the kind where one earbud goes around the back of the neck?

I’d rather have these.

Well, it’s not like Woot has never had a set of active noise canceling ear buds before for well under $30.

The quality of such device as above is a whole different question, but they do exist!

Hum. Funny. I can hear 16khz. Anything over, I can “feel” but can’t actually hear, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for sharing Erick.

As for these earbuds, I wouldn’t spend too much money. I got some 2 pairs of Sennheiser from Woot. Similar in ear getup. Sound good and cost me $7 a pair. Earbuds are bound to break as they get wrapped up and shorts in the cables are just bound to happen. Unless the company offers a lifetime guarantee and free replacement… maybe worth while going high end. But still too much of a hassle IMO.

Remember to have care with the volume with this type of earphones…

Noise-induced hearing loss is completely preventable

Tons of Info at HearingLossWeb

Hmmm…On that hearing test, I can hear every tone, up through 22Khz, and I’m over 50. I can also hear the “are your ears like a teenager” “mosquito” tone. This is while wearing decent Sony MDR-V6 headphones through my PC.

Frankly, I am a little surprised and dubious…

Actually, I tried the same test on a different PC. Same headphones. And there my hearing trails off at 15Khz, although I can still hear the “teenager” “mosquito” tone. Hmmm…Must be a sound card weirdness on one of the PCs.

Happened to me many times as well with my Maximo and Skullcandy. I found that wrapping electric tape around the connection really helps it from being damaged. My new Maximo has lasted me for a while now.

No, each earbud’s cable is the same length. You can usually wrap headphones like that with one around the back of your neck, though.

That would work. I’ve found that that’s never even an issue for headphones with the 90-degree bend at the connector. You can get another unit with just that 90-degree bend and a female 3.5mm jack for any kind of headphones for peanuts.

If you’re handy with a soldering iron, you can get a new 1/8" stereo plug with a metal jacket at Radio Shack for $3.99 and fix/replace the crappy original plastic one.

Whenever I get new earphones, the first thing I do is take a pair of scissors, snip off the plug, and solder on one of these. It even makes the earphones look more expensive. If you’re not handy with a soldering iron, you should become handy with one, because you won’t know what a useful tool it is until you do.

Led Zeppelin is going to sound good in these badboys. Did I mention that I know everything about Led Zeppelin. I am the King over at the Led Zeppelin email.list called FOR BADGEHOLDERS ONLY – do you know a lot about Led Zeppelin? If you do come on over but if you don’t and act like you do then my knowledge of the band will make you look like an Abba fan.

I’m in for one, maybe two, maybe three that is the question. If I love them (like I love the mighty Led Zeppelin, in a macho love sort of way) and I break the first and second pair…to heck with it, I’m in for three. Now it’s time to put on the great, mighty, Led Zeppelin III and crank up the volume. ROCK ON.

For I am Nech, knower of all things Led Zeppelin.

See, they’re $80 at amazon, but do they really outperform the $8-20 headphones we’ve been buying on woot over the past year?

I promise you, sadly, that it was the first computer which was lying to you. I think that the scientists say that no 50+ year old can hear anything like 20khz, never mind above that. I’m in my 30s and historically have had very acute hearing (I remember hearing bats singing at night as a young chorister) but i’m now limited to 14-16khz max, admittedly with some of the usual modern noise loss.

How does your age affect your frequency hearing range?

You have to remember these have a limited lifetime warranty. Last year I purchased the Maximo im-490 noise isolation earbuds for 12.99, and months later one of the earbuds quit working, so contacted the company, and for $2.40 mailed them back, and they replaced immediately. Sweet! I wouldn’t hesitate to buy these for myself if I didn’t already have mine. Maybe a gift for my daughters…

Before you take the test, check to see if your speakers can reproduce the frequencies. Hate to get scared about your ears when it’s your speakers!

If you love music you owe it to yourself to get a high quality pair of earphones, and these no doubt fit the bill.

If I didn’t already have a pair of ear-buds I love then I’d probably buy these in a heartbeat.