Able Planet True Fidelity Sound Isolation Earphones with Linx Audio

Should I be sad that I bought the two-fer yesterday instead of waiting for this?

5 hour MAX time? Oh my… Thanks WootAlyzer

Sound isolation means that the earbuds fit fairly well and don’t allow in much outside noise.

Noise cancelling means there is circuitry involved that generates sound that is 180 degrees out of phase with the ambient noise - thus “cancelling” that sound. It’s an active as opposed to a passive process. AND (not surprisingly) more expensive.

I think the wootoff just died :frowning:

These retail for a lot more than $25. If you’re in the business of having to listen to crystal clear audio (for me it’s listening to mumbly doctors and transcribing what they say to a T) then $25 isn’t bad at all. I might grab a pair as an cheap alternative to my Sennheisers.

Be back in an hour. Thanks Woot! I needed a break.

I hope this IS a killer. I’m trying to watch the Apple event at the same time.

An additional benefit of sound isolation is that you can use it on an airplane, whereas you cannot use noise cancelling because of the signals emitted by noise cancelling technology.

These look nice.

The only thing I hate about about ear buds though is that they get tangled. That being said I think I found a solution: Wrapster

Looks like a great way to keep the cords out of your way and it even doubles as a stand your your phone. Pretty neat.

I purchased these off of WOOT in the last six months. I use them presently and am very satisfied. They come with a fairly slick, hard shelled carrying case as well.

Best Buy is selling these for $80 as well…stocking stuffer? Good reviews too.

I think I’m in for one. The last pair of skullcandy ear buds I bought were junk. At any rate, I got that stupid drum song stuck in my head.

Really? That is odd, we have two pairs of LightSPEED noise cancelling aviation headsets on our plane. We use them every Sunday when we fly out for breakfast. You might want to let LightSPEED and Bose know that their active noise cancelling aviation headsets won’t work on an airplane.

everybody bought earbuds yesterday… wootoff killer, indeed

You mean the Knives, and The ScoobaBot weren’t a big enough break for you? lol

That is partially true. It means you need to turn them off during takeoff and landing. They can be used in-flight. I prefer canceling over isolating on an airplane.

These would be great for a $25 grab gift at the office. C’mon, people!

Holy lunchtime, Batman!

Bought a pair of these a few weeks back and they are terrible. Stay away!

Not so sure about that. Maybe true for the takeoff/landing phases of the flight when usage of all electronic devices is restricted, but for the “flying” part of a flight you can definitely use these.

To expand on the differences between noise isolating and noise cancelling, noise cancelling typically works best against static noise like airplane engines.

If you want to block out dynamic noise like music or people talking, sound isolation will usually work better. of course, your headphone-type preferences also come into play… not sure I’ve ever seen noise cancelling earbuds.