About the Daily Deal category

Sure, I don’t see why not.

4 Likes

Where are the $36.99 sunglasses?? 71 listings and not one below $58!!

2 Likes

Not sure. It was there on Friday when I previewed the event. On Woot, the price ranges are calculated automagically so it may have been pulled or something.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation, 2018)

A post was merged into an existing topic: CyberPower CST150XLU Mini-Tower UPS - 1500VA/900W

Well at least in this category I dont have to worry about … …the VOP!

4 Likes

Good Morning,
Is it too late to get a Puffer jacket? The North Face jacket was being offered yesterday.
Thanks. Love that you replied to timetravelgirl. As a fellow “SPED” (special educator) I have tons of respect and admiration for parents.

4 Likes

Not really. It was a site I visited everyday before Amazon took over. A lot more fun and better deals.

6 Likes

i dont like you lucille ball GIF

7 Likes

Amazon bought Woot 13 years ago. And yet you’re still around. Maybe not every day, but you’re still here.

10 Likes

I first was introduced to Woot! by a friend of mine and my first order was for a four pack of shorts. Next, I ordered one of those SunJoe tree pole trimmers that basically add an electric chain saw to an extendable pole, so it would come in very handy as I live in Fort Lauderdale and bought a property with a large yard (by S FL standards) which a prior owner went nuts planting 4 different varieties of palm trees plus several other tropical plants. I’ve now owned the place for 12 years, and back when I first bought it, I could literally trim all the palms just using a hand pruner. Well S Fl is basically considered the tropics, and we have a 12 month growth cycle. In the last 12 years some of the palms have quadrupled, or even quintupled (that is a word isn’t it?). I’m 6’ 4” tall and sometimes think I can reach anything if I just stretch a little more! But in the past year I have a few palms that I can no longer trim using a Fiskars pole trimmer standing on the second to last rung of a 6’ ladder!

So I had been keeping an eye on the SunJoe trimmer on Amazon when I saw it on Woot! for the lowest price ever. So I immediately ordered one and was looking forward with great anticipation for it to arrive and I would get the chance to use it. When it arrived, something didn’t look quite right. The original box had another plain brown box taped to the end of the manufacturers packing. I opened the box and was absolutely furious because it was so obviously a returned (and heavily used) trimmer, the reason they had to tape another box to the original box was because it was assembled and would no longer fit in its original box. It arrived on a Saturday, and having been a devoted Amazon customer (and knowing that Woot! is a subsidiary of Amazon) I just assumed I would be able to call customer service and get the matter cleared up. That’s when I realized you can’t call customer service at Woot! (actually I believe you can but it’s incredibly difficult to find the number). Instead they want you to email them if you have a problem. So I wrote a really nasty email bitching that I can’t believe any company associated with Amazon would pull such a stunt. Needless to say, on Monday I got a very apologetic email from Woot! customer service apologizing for the mix up and telling me they had no idea how a used product was shipped, and that they were sending a replacement immediately. Thankfully this one was a new unit, but I was very wary of this new company I had just leaned about and I didn’t order anything else for awhile.
I got their emails on a daily basis, but wasn’t interested in most of what they highlighted until one day they ran a special on something I actually wanted so I gave them another try. Over the next month or 2 I placed a few more orders and slowly regained confidence that they weren’t trying to scam me.
Then, I saw the announcement for Prime Appreciation Week running from 3/26/23 thru 4/6/23 (if I’m not mistaken). Anyway, that’s when I went from splitting my orders 90% / 10% Amazon / Woot! to 15% / 85% Amazon / Woot!

I think I placed something like 40 orders during Prime Appreciation Week (although I did return a handful of them, mostly because after purchasing an item one day, the next day they offered the more expensive/better quality item of the same type the very next day so I ordered the better more expensive unit and just returned the one I originally ordered.

Woot! can be amazing - both in the low prices they offer - but also how addictive shopping there can be! I’m normally not an impulse buyer. If I see something on Amazon I like I add it to my wish list. This gives me a few days to decide if the item is really something I need/want, and prevents me from impulse buying. But with Woot you can’t actually search for an item you want, nor can you save items to a wish list. Instead you have a limited time to purchase ranging from only a few hours to 30 days or the supply runs out - whichever comes first. And trust me, I’ve noted a few items I wanted to buy , but was waiting for the billing cycle of my credit card to close so I wouldn’t have to pay for the item for somewhere between 30-60 days, only to go back the very next day to buy whatever it was only to find that it had sold out!

So Woot! sometimes has amazing offers, but you usually have to make the decision to purchase right there on the spot.

Another thing I would highly recommend is that when you see something on Woot! that you want to buy, cross check Amazons website for the same item. Most of the time Woots! offer is much cheaper, but occasionally Amazons price will either beat Woots!, or the difference in price is only like $2, so I just add those items to my Amazon wish list and avoid the impulse buying from Woot!

Then there’s the whole Woot! community thing. I wasn’t really aware of it until Prime Appreciation Week when I noticed I had an unread message, and it said something about moving up a level, blah, blah, blah. I started to look into it, and it really can be a fun, yet very time-consuming thing to be a part of the community, and it really doesn’t get you anything except for some worthless badges (which I’m more determined than ever to earn most of them)!

So to sum that all up, Woot! almost always beats Amazon prices (often by 50%!), plus if you start to read more about the company and get involved in the community forums, it’s also a lot more fun than Amazon. I will always love Amazon, but most of my shopping is now done on Woot! I hope you’ll take the time to look into the communities a little and you just might find you enjoy interacting with the other Wooters as much as I have.

Happy shopping!

11 Likes

That’s awesome!

Side note: the forums is a great place to find out about the fun and games. There could be deals and coupons!

7 Likes

That was an amazing review/commentary. Sorry about the first saw but I’m glad our CS took care of you. They’re good folks.

3 Likes

ThunderThighs, I’m so impressed! Do you personally read every post? lol How do you find the time to sleep?

But yes, it was a slow start for me with Woot! but I’m thinking you use AI to select the products send out in your emails, because it just seemed like there was nothing that appealed to me for the first couple of months, but once I started buying more things the emails almost always contained at least one item that was at least somewhat appealing to me. And then holy cow! Prime Appreciation Week hit and I was glued to my phone, iPad & desktop, some days for hours on end. I have an Amazon Visa card which I pretty much only use for purchases on Amazon (and also Woot!). I usually run up $300-400/month on that card, but last months bill (included most of my PAW purchases) was $4000! This month went down to $2800, and when the closing date hits on 5/10, I already have another $2431 charged that will be due on 7/5! At this rate I’m going to have to declare bankruptcy!

Thanks a lot (I think)!

6 Likes

Keep going at that rate and I may get new shoes yet!

Appreciate you and that you’re enjoying the community. And yes, I read a whole lotta posts. Not so much on Everything but Woot but most others get at least a scan.

:eyes:

7 Likes

They had better deals back then. I see so many items that are the same price
as on Amazon, they are no bargain. Best bargain on here are when there is a Woot-Off.

4 Likes

Yeah, what you said! :+1::+1::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes