AC Delco Alkaline Batteries

Thanks for the idea on what to do with the AC Delco batteries I got free w/a $10 battery case at a non-Woot.

There are unfortunately many devices which do not accept the 1.25V of rechargeable batteries and will reject a fully-charged NiMH as being “dead”.

What if I want 100 pack of AA and AAA?

(I have too many kids…)

Then select 2 as your quantity. Once you do that, you will then see two pulldowns that allow you to select the type and package quantity of each item.

lol

Not necessarily true. There are different ways of combining several cells inside a 9V and most of them do not use AAAA cells. Also, those that do use AAAA cells have crimped tabs on them so they are not “standard” AAAA cells.

True, I did not mean to infer that the only way to make an alkaline 9V is stacking AAAA cells, just it is done; the point being that 9V is 6X1.5V alkaline cells. Alternate chemistries may use different combinations, as their electrochemical potentials may be different. I have seen “9V” NiMH cells in 7.2V and 8.4V (6x1.2V and 7x1.2V) values. Also, you said nipples! Most batteries used in a pack have tabs vs. the standard single-cell ends (nipples).n I have seen a 6V lantern cell with 4 standard D-cells and a spacer inside, though. They also make reusable versions of that cell, in which you can replace the D cells.

Are these compatible with 50 shades?

Does anyone know if the 100pk of AA’s comes in the reclosable container, like here? http://www.amazon.com/Delco-Alkaline-Batteries-Recloseable-Pack/dp/B004SCA15K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Or are they just in a cardboard box?

Thanks!

You beat me to it! These are just cheap Chinese cells with a former big name branded on them. Dollar stores have them all the time with other former well-known names such as Sunbeam, etc.

Much worse deal here:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Duracell-Duracell-Duracell-Duracell-Alkaline-Batteries-9-Volt-Alkaline-Duracellbattery-243-Mn1604Bkd-9-volt-alkaline-duracellbattery/21068444

The issue about 6V lantern batteries containing 32 AA or 4 standards D-cells has been a hoax that was debunked by Snopes awhile ago. The lantern batteries do usually contain 4 individual cells wired in series but they are not of a standard size to be used by consumers.

That must be a joke. I hope your trolling. Compared to more expensive batteries like duracell these don’t stack up. Not to say they aren’t good batteries it just depends on what you need them for. Emergency flash light in your car? No. Anything you might ever really NEED to run? No. TV remotes? Yes. Xbox controllers? Yes.

I keep these around the house to use in conrollers and remotes and such and they don’t last very long. Remote batteries should last a LONG time but these only last a couple months. Either way, they are cheap and they keep my lazy butt from walking to the tv.

I bought these a few months back and they came in the recloseable container.

They work great in the Wii-remotes. My kids go through batteries on those at an amazing pace.

I only use rechargeable AAs and AAAs, but I could use some decent Cs and Ds. Anyone know how these stack up? With the shipping they’re pretty close to other low-cost ones at Amazon.

Math time:

100 AA batteries: $23 (shipped)
Cost per battery: $0.23

Quality battery charger (Lacrosse series, for example): $40 (Amazon Prime)
4x AA Rechargeables: $10 (give or take)

Let’s say that you can get 100 charges out of a single battery. Many manufacturers say you can get 1000, but I often find that’s BS. I don’t know a true number but we’ll low-ball to illustrate a point and say you’ll only get 10% of that. So let’s assume you’ll get 100 charges per battery. So, you are getting 400 uses (ostensibly batteries) for $50. (You will get more, but again, just for demonstration…)

Cost per battery: $0.13.

I haven’t bought batteries in almost 3 years. The next time I do, I’m sure the batteries I buy will last the same amount of time. Plus, since I already have my great Lacrosse charger, my cost per battery will be even lower now that I don’t have that initial investment to subsidize. Rechargeable all the way.

I can buy a 36 pack of AAs at Home Depot (in the store) for about $13; online it’s $15 http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Specialty-Batteries-Chargers-Batteries/h_d1/N-5yc1vZc28m/R-100232088/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#.UJptwWl241E

So if you live near a Home Depot (as I do, even though I live in NYC), you might want to go there for better quality cheap batteries. I basically buy a pack of those every 10 months or so.

My local landfill thanks you for your business woot.

I feel so EDUCATED this Wednesday morning, on batteries! Cool picture of the 9v - and the advise to get your batteries at the dollar store = GREAT!! As well as the recommendation to donate your purchase to Toys for Tots! Well to add to the last one, the Big Texas Toy Run is coming up December 15th! Lots of donations going on there and batteries could probably be a huge bonus!! Having said all that, I’ll buy from the Dollar Store just out of convenience over this Woot! deal. But thanks Woot! for trying, you know your loyal audience, and you probably KNEW this would get picked apart - but nice try. HAPPY HUMP DAY EV1! :slight_smile: (AHHH Red Bull in place of coffee is quite effective!)

On a side note - I use rechargeable batteries in my cameras, Wii remotes & balance board, and other often used things that aren’t critical. However, I prefer to have name brand nonrechargeables as backup batteries for emergencies - no power = no way to recharge them. ijs. Rechargeables don’t last forever and eventually end up in the landfill.

If you buy 3 of the 48 pack AA batteries and hook them all up in series you’ll get a total of 216 volts!

I don’t know why I felt the need to post this.