Acer 24” Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDMI

Oddly enough that is the same reason i am not buying one. Acer makes nice monitors i got the 22" for christmas and i love it and i really could use a 24" to replace my 19"crt tv that my media center is connected to. But this excellent housing market (For buying) is making me save every last penny i get.

SWEET i have been look for this monitor for a while. A few of my friends have it and they paid 380 so i am in for 2

I have a 19" LCD screen from Acer.

I LOVE it.

Acer’s a great brand… coming back onto the market with a vengence! :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course you can do that. The viewing angles might be frustrating though. You know how when you go to the left or right of your laptop screen and the color washes out. Think laptop screens are TN panels so this one will do pretty much the same.

yeah dude, you can use it on your laptop

…about the dvd player, you should be able to use it as long as it has the appropriate ports for it (VGA or something compatible) or you may need to get a converter of some sort

You should be able to hook up DVD players/Gaming consoles/HD cable boxes/etc. via the HDMI/VGA inputs.
The only catch is the lack of any remote control for power and/or volume control.

Can you use this as tv if you dont have a media or tv tuner in your pc? If so how?

Cool; txs!

I paid full price for this monitor in Dec. and I would recommend this one to anybody. I did a lot of research on a lot of 24" monitors and found this one to be the best monitor for the price (even at full price) and had a lot of great reviews. I’ve had mine for nearly 3 months with no problems. Very sastisfied!

Just bought one of these last week brand new. Wish I waited :frowning:

Awesome monitor, can highly recommend!

omg. I want one, damn good price! I don’t have the extra money though =( Dammit

I looked this up for a while (305 is no small pocket change) on the internet and I am seeing it pop up in Germany and the UK and other various languages I can’t understand. ANyways, Amazon in the UK have it for 320 pounds, which if you know anything about the current exchange rate is bleeping amazing for getting it for 305.
I ve been looking some something like this, and am teetering on it… Now if Woot only through in that pug I’d be all over this like a dog on a fire hydrant.

want and would by 3 to save on shipping yes i will use that as my ecuse but no cash

You would need a box that sends the signal over HDMI/DVI/(VGA). Think you can get HD tuners from local cable companies with HDMI out which should work with this. Just remember that you would have to set up your own sound.

So, a source that outputs through HDMI is how.

i’m a little hesitant considering there’s only 3 hits on froogle. acer is a decent brand but still…why aren’t more people selling this?

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Acer 24” Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDMI
$299.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished
product(s): 1 Acer P241WD 24” Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDMI/DVI/ and VGA

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=TV-BOX-HD
nver mind went back and lookes at specs on the box. its not so great. anyways look for something like this. this only has analog the hd is to through you off. great monitor though.

I know this is a repeat, but what IS the dead pixel policy??

Ditto - Using 19" Acer widescreen as we speak - XLNT monitor. Bought at Newegg.com a couple of months ago. Here it is…

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009091

NICE!!! Needed one of these. Have 2 Acer 19’s at work and LOVE them. Gonna get that second cable box and use this to watch TV while I pretend to be productive on the computer!!