Acer Aspire 10.1" 6 Cell AOD-250 Netbook with Accessory Kit

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
BILLY MAYS HERE FOR WOOTERS.US

Acer Aspire 10.1" 6 Cell AOD-250 Netbook with Accessory Kit [Refurbished] - $279.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Acer Aspire 10.1” Intel N270 Atom 1.6GHz 1GB 160GB 6 Cell XP Home w/ LZ23800024 Accessory Kit

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

here’s the acer aspire one product website

and a more specific page (same as bigexxon below)

If you’re leery of refurbs, you can get SquareTrade and it’s still a great deal, since the accessory kit is included.

Anyone get one of these from a previous deal? What is your experience?

DCno10’s link and this product spec page link say the 250 has bluetooth, but the Woot spec page doesn’t say bluetooth.

Can Woot confirm this refurbished model has bluetooth?

I don’t have this exact model, but I’ve had my Acer Aspire One for a year and a half, with no problems. I love the fast bootup with XP.

Just remember it’s a netbook - very handy, but not high on horsepower.

I bought a refurb 900 from mwave and couldn’t tell it from new except for the box was a little rough.

A carry case for this can be had from meritline for $4. Say $50 for the ext drive so that’s ~$225 for the rig. Typically you don’t get a color option on these, so I suppose that’s something.

Okay deal, but nothing to buy impulsively.

They make great e-book readers, especially the part about getting to hold it sideways. Total alpha.

There are two 6 cell batteries for this laptop.

48.8 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack

• 6-hour battery life8

57.7 W 5200 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack

• 7-hour battery life8

What’s a “Six-cell lithium ion battery provides up to 6.5 hours life” based on the item description? Which is it? Poor description.

Also, would’ve loved a slightly better resolution than 1024x600.

Yep. I grabbed one of these in red back on January 19th. Got it a few days later. No problems with it whatsoever out of the box. It looked and operated like it was brand new even though it was refurb’d.

Upgraded the ram to 2 gigs day before yesterday which was very simple to do and ran me about $35 for the 2gb memory stick. Now it’s even better than before. The accessories all work great too. A few people got Bluetooth with their AOD250’s. I did not.

The ‘6-hour’ battery lasted for about 4.5 hours for me when I did the first boot and ran windows update… booting and rebooting like a mad man. The battery lasted longer than I expected it would. On average, when I use it heavily, the battery lasts about 4.5-5 hours for me which is bit better than I expected.

My experience from the last time these were wooted a few weeks ago has been very good and I am glad I got this with the accessories. Buy the 2-year SquareTrade warranty too. Use coupon code SUPERBOWL20 for 20% off the cost. It ran me about 45 bucks and covers EVERYTHING including replacement/full refund for the full 2-years.

Here’s the thread for that sellout.woot. Read more there.

http://sellout.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3732119

I think it may vary, I purchased this last time it was on and it has bluetooth, however the 3-cell model that I purchased does not. Either way you can get a bluetooth module on ebay and they are really easy to install.

Got one last time. DOA, cost me $18 to return it. ACER does not warranty this item. Warranty is provided by 3rd party company, good luck getting them to even answer the phone.

I tried calling warranty number included with paperwork and also another number provided by Woot but could only get automated system that would leave me on perpetual hold everytime.This “deal” lost me over $20. Better deals on new one available with FULL ACER warranty.

Just checked with the Great Wizard of Woot and these models DO NOT come with Bluetooth.

i got an AOD 250 from woot back in december and i can confirm that mine did have bluetooth

here is confirmation…

go to the main page and click on the ■Black Acer Aspire One Keyboard picture

the bluetooth is the transparent looking button on the top left, right next to the scroll and num lock buttons

if you look closely it has the bluetooth symbol

Curse books for school being so expensive! I would buy this in a heartbeat! Such a great deal for the computer AND the external optical drive!

Woot gurus; can you confirm these these are the precise model numbers? Acer’s product page lists a LOT of AOD250-xxxx models to wade thru, but these two seem the closest match (XP, 6-cell, N270 cpu, blue/black, just 802.11b/g without draft N):
[list]
[*]AOD250-1185
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition ; SP3 version; Intel® Atom™ Processor N270 (512KB L2 cache, 1.60GHz, 533MHz FSB); 1GB DDR2 533 SDRAM; 160GB hard drive, multi-in-one card reader; 10.1" WSVGA (1024 x 600) TFT display, Acer® CrystalBrite Technology; Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950; 802.11b/g WLAN, 10/100 LAN, webcam; sapphire blue chassis; 4400mAh six-cell battery; one-year limited warranty

[*]AOD250-1990
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition ; SP3 version; Intel® Atom™ Processor N270 (512KB L2 cache, 1.60GHz, 533MHz FSB); 1GB DDR2 533 SDRAM; 160GB hard drive, multi-in-one card reader; 10.1" WSVGA (1024 x 600) TFT display, Acer® CrystalBrite Technology; Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950; 802.11b/g WLAN, 10/100 LAN, webcam; diamond black chassis; 4400mAh six-cell battery; one-year limited warranty
[/list]
I was hoping for the AOD250-1514’s 5800mAh battery, however, the lack of draft-N in the Woot specs implies these have the 4400mAh packs.

Edit: Yes, it works with Mac OS X. Seems it’s fully hackint0sh enabled.

EditEdit: The AOD250 is Google friendly too as it boots both of their Linux forks: Android and Chromium OS.

where do you buy them from? the bookstore? online? chegg?

Step 1) go to Fedora and get LiveUSB Creator

Step 2) Download Ubuntu netbook remix

Step 3) use LiveUSB Creator to make the Ubuntu ISO bootable on your flash drive

Step 4) spit on the next windows logo you see!

If you are worried about Office, OpenOffice is included and works great

One downside, no matter what power settings I try with Ubuntu I get about 10% less battery life than with Win XP or Win 7