Acer Aspire 10.1" 6 Cell Netbook with Accessory Kit

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Acer Aspire 10.1" 6 Cell Netbook with Accessory Kit
$279.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Acer Aspire 10.1" Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz 1GB 160GB 6 Cell XP Home with LZ23800024 Accessory Kit

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

takes a little adjusting and getting used to the keyboard if you’re used to typing on notebooks and desktops…

Shoot, I just purchased one of these last week. I love it! The battery life is great, it doesn’t feel too small.

Before anyone asks, Linux is a go here.

USB ports, video camera, keyboard…the little Acer Aspire netbook has features not even an iPad can boast of!

Aww crap, I got the previous Woot! for $10 less and only a 3 cell battery!! Should have waited for this one. I can only imagine how much more battery life there is with a 6 cell. I can get up to 4 hrs. with the 3 cell. Great buy for me!

Decent review on CNET

The iPad can boast things? HuH… guess you learn something new everyday.

The most likely question buyers of this woot will have is “Where is the Mouse Dongle?”

The answer is: the Mouse Dongle is stored inside the mouse, in the same compartment that holds the batteries. Pull it out of that storage area and put it into one of the USB ports of your computer to use the mouse.

I am wondering if Mac OS X could be “hacked” on this netbook?

This is tempting… although I wonder, are netbooks really “the new thing?” What are the advantages of having a netbook vs. a minimal laptop?

And don’t even bring up the iPad.

Have had my Acer Aspire since Christmas, and absolutely love it (am on it right now). Not a single problem. Don’t mind the smaller keyboard at all. I have a 3-cell, and as stated previously, get about 3 hours.

With the extras, this is a really great deal. If you’re wanting a nice little netbook, I recommend this one.

I’m sure Woot will still be selling these should you decide to upgrade to the six-cell within the next two or three years.

EDIT: BTW, bought a six-cell from Woot July last year and am very happy with it.

I have had one of these for almost a year. I use it when I travel. Easy to carry in my handbag. I installed Adobe Photoshop on it so I can download and edit my pics as I go. Also handy to be on-line anywhere. I love it! Until Ipad can do what this little powerhouse can do, I’ll keep traveling with my Acer!

Would I be a fool to pass this up?

Poo! Terrible specs. This would be good if a grandma wants an email machine. That’s about it.
I have a Samsung netbook that was about twice this expensive, but is at least 76x better in every way.

Oh yeah. Go Duke! Back-to-back!

I ordered a 9-cell off eBay for mine.

I see one for sale for like $35 and change.

http://cgi.ebay.com/QQitemZ360245089106QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLaptop_Batteries?hash=item53e047d352

I get about 8 hours with the 9-cell. Never looked back after I got it. Best add-on you can get for these things.

It’s a great computer for a kid in middle school or younger. Also for just taking notes in class, watching a movie (via the external drive) or other downloaded or streaming content (e.g. Netflix).

Also works pretty good with the ATI 600 USB HD ATSC tuner they’ve had on Woot! for ~$25 or so. Instant TV.

How far away, do you think I can be, from a Starbucks can I be with this thing and still get on the internet?

I bought a Dell 10’ netbook but it doesn’t have enough memory to be useful. I want a little netbook that I can take when I travel to check email and to blog. After I loaded Microsoft Office on the Dell, there’s not enough memory to function. I need word processing. Can this netbook handle Office?