Acer Aspire 17.3” Dual-Core Notebook with Blu-Ray

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Acer Aspire 17.3" Dual-Core Notebook with Blu-Ray
$599.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Acer AS7540-1493 Aspire Athlon Dual-Core 2GHz, 4GB, 320GB, Blu-Ray, 17.3" HD+ LED, HDMI, Win7 HP 64

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

froogled

That screen image HAS to be from thisiswhyyourefat.com - now who wants to do the research to see if I’m right?

Hackintosh anyone? (Penguin loves apples…)

It’s cheaper at tigerdirect.com

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=6587485&sku=S445-170023&srkey=Acer%20AS7540-1493

Heh, scroll to the bottom of the write-up for photo credit.

None of the laptops I see on here have a graphics card worth anything.

Other than that, it’s a decent computer. Although I haven’t heard anything good about Acer other than they’re cheap. Cheap for a reason?

I might jump on this if it was Intel and not 17"
I’m not asking for much am I?

This laptop has all of the good stuff and almost none of the bad. Definitely NOT a Huge Problem. I should get one to keep the other 17 inch laptop company.

How long does the battery last while it’s on Powersaver mode? Balanced? Performance?

And where can I get an extended battery?

Can it run minesweeper?

This is my exact same laptop, except with a Blu-Ray player instead of a CD-RW. Bought it a year ago last Black Friday for $100 cheaper.

Great computer, although the keyboard lets junk fall through and jam the keys. I highly recommend the brand and the computer, but this is not a deal on the price.

why are they refurbished everywhere else?

Product Website

drat! didn’t see it the first time around. thanks!

Not impressed by the price.

If you shop around, you can find a better brand (HP, for example) with an Intel dual core (rather than AMD) for about the same price (and with a return policy included).

drivers

manual

it’s because tigerdirect is selling it refurbished

Cheaper at TigerDirect, yes, but it’s not new, it’s refurb.

Battery life is key for me. Need something for on the road, not necessarily to play high end games but do things like Finale, PyWare, and the occasional game of Civ.