Acer Aspire 17.3” Dual-Core Notebook with Blu-Ray

We did. Of course, we also took the time to notice that ours is NEW and Tiger is refurb.

The one at Tiger is refurbished. This one is new.

This ones new, that ones refurbished

I was on the fence, but the color killed it for me. Black or Silver would have been tough to pass on. The fact that it wasn’t HP was the biggest plus. I’ve had good luck with Acer so far. The refurbished HP I bought from Woot earlier this year died after 3 months. It was similar to this one.

Heh, tag-team staff smackdown. Ouch!

same price at walmart.com but without the blu-ray… but its still an acer…

forgot the hyperlink

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-AS7745-5632/14642745

Does anyone use laptops this big anymore? I thought the reason woot sold so many netbooks is because everything is going miniature.

I’m all ears. Link, please.

Tiger Direct is a refurm model and this one is new.

tiger’s is a refurb. I’ll take the one that’s new for 10% more. Looks like a fair woot, not great, but ok.

The cheapest one froogled is over $800! Good deal Woot.

Froogled

It’s also a refurb at Tiger Direct. This one is new.

HSN is sold out of a similar model, not as tricked out as the Woot offering, for $760. You can still watch the video, though.

Here’s ShopNBC’s video. Config similar to Woot’s for $949.

I’ve owned my Acer Extensa 5620 for 3 years now, and I’ve had no problems barring a single subpixel that gets stuck on red from time to time. That said, Extensa is the business line, and may be built somewhat better than the Aspires.

Third party offerings on Amazon

Amazon

Cali doesn’t seem to have many buyers for a change.

About the processor:

AMD

benchmark

cpu-world

This could be avoided by not having junk (potato chips, pretzels, plastic clothing price tag holders, etc) in close proximity of your new purchase.

About the graphics:

specs at AMD

notebookcheck

computermonger