Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook with Windows 7 Starter

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Acer Aspire One 10.1" Netbook with Windows 7 Starter
$219.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Acer AOD250 Netbook 1.6Ghz, 1GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, 10.1" LCD, Webcam, Win7 Starter

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

4.5 stars on Buzzillions.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/acer-aspire-one-aod250-1624-netbook-reviews

Is windows 7 REALLY better than XP?

Good price for this netbook. $225 isn’t bad at all for one of these.

Battery stinks though. Maybe you can get one from a third party?

BUT it does ship Fedex Ground! No Smartpost for this one.

I’d be in for one if it came in green or yellow. I like to be loud and obnoxious with my gadgetry.

@KyserSoze: Yes, Windows 7 is way better than XP. It is faster, smoother and easier to use.

This netbook doesn’t have the best battery life. The price is great but I would recommend something a little better.

3cell battery, Atom N270, Win7 Starter, refurb…

…But they come in nice colors! I like purple.

I can attest to netbooks being able to handle Windows 7. My Asus 1000HE handles Windows 7 Pro 32 bit with Aero turned on.

I would, of course, recommend the upgrade to a 2 GB RAM stick.

$219 with Win 7 and 1G Ram. If My Eee 701 didn’t work so well, and I had a job, I would probably be on this like Oprah on a canned ham.

Eh, I don’t know. I think I’d rather have XP than crippled Win7 Starter…

Wow, if I didn’t already have a netbook, I’d totally be in for a purple! Never seen that before!

So with just a larger battery,a memory upgrade and an upgrade to a full version of Windows 7 this would be a good machine?

I’d probably be all over this if I knew what size battery came with it.

Edit: 3-cell battery? Hmm…I’ll have to think about it.

YES. But the FULL version, not this start-up crap

If I am not mistaken, 1.5 GB maximum. Just for reference sake =]

2 hrs battery life… mmmh… NO

1. This looks like the same thing on sale at Overstock for $239. http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Acer-Aspire-One-D250-1026-1.6GHz-160GB-Netbook-Refurbished/4812697/product.html?cid=123620&fp=F&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=12707071

2. “battery up to 2 hours life” WTHell??

I would buy this if it was say, $149.

PASSSSS

Yes. And I say this as one of the people who kept XP despite all the ‘smart people’ from magazines saying all of us would have to get vista. 7 seems to be Vista as it should have been, plus some extras.

BUT- this is windows 7 starter. In other words, a badly gimped version of 7. It’s only for netbooks, and has some drawbacks you might care about… like not being able to change the background and other customization. If the OS matters, I suggest you google it… or check the following if you’re feeling lucky: http://windows.about.com/od/windowsosversions/a/Win7Starter.htm

Oh purple! And pink! Would make a nice gift for a wife or gf, except for the 3 cell battery. 3 cell batteries are useless, why do they keep making them? Because of their small size and no jutting out from the back?