Acer Aspire One 10.1" Netbook

Great reviews @ Buzzillions

http://www.buzzillions.com/x/s?Ntt=Acer+Aspire+One+D150&N=0&D=x&os=1

no overheating problems at all…

Worry not, you can install windows 7 via USB.

I used the instructions to install Win7 RC on my 1005HA eeepc. It has nearly comparable parts as this netbook and runs Win7 nicely.

I’ve got one … I’m a school teacher and it works well for me. Real bat life is around 3 to 4 hours.

I use it for all of my lesson plans and powerpoint for my classes. Much easier to carry around than the full size laptop my school provides.

Mine hasn’t overheated yet.

I grabbed one on ebay for $15.

How about that? First to woot.

Of course, I’ve pretty much been camping out for a netbook here since before I joined.

Will this thing let me Skype?

Will it let me Webkinz?

What about Office?

Anyone know how these perform as hackintoshes with OS X?

I bought an identical refurb Acer a couple of months ago for the same price ($229). Well worth the price. I mainly surf the web and run MS Office on it. Definately not a gaming machine but overall a great value, however when viewing on-line video it can become choppy. I don’t know if this is caused by (1) slower processor and graphic chip or (2) the built in wireless doesn’t connect up as well as my full size HP laptop (seems to be weaker antenna). Perhaps my choppy video is a result of both (1) and (2).

Searched the net. Approximately $350 new. Still waiting for confirmation this is a solid deal.

I just got one of these and love it. Fits great in a hobo handbag, weighs nothing and works like a charm. I recommend upgrading to 2 gig ram, tho, as there’s a noticeable difference in performance with 2 rather than 1 gig.

Nope. One of the many reasons that netbooks will turn out to be a short-lived fad.

Here is an awesome compilation of reviews.
Great reviews, by the way!

Mine’s the same spec’s as these and I regularly get 4.5 to 5 hrs with a fair amount of youtube videos. The graphics are surprisingly nice though vertically cramped. If browsing, remember the F11 for a much more comfortable view.

The CNET review complains about the touch pad. What is your opinion? I’ve got an ASUS Eee 1000HA, which seems pretty similar to this machine even down to the 6 cell battery. I’ve been very happy with the ASUS netbook and thought I might buy my niece this Acer if it is works as well.

Does anyone know if the RAM is expandable?

Keyboard layout? The same as a normal keyboard or weird like the dell mini?!?!

Netbooks arent all bad…i am rocking an HP Mini 311 with the Ion LE chipset. I installed Win 7 and 3gb RAM with an atom N270 chip, and I have a windows experience index of 4.4 for aero and 4.1 for 3d gaming. Not too bad.

When the newer ones with full ION support are released, with DirectX 10 support (the LE chipset only gets 9) things will change for gamers out there.

Lets hope the Woot gods bestow such goodness upon us. Let us pray…

Agree fully.