Acer Aspire V3 Core i5 15.6" Laptop

Lots of Great Reviews from Amazon

Take a gander at the Product Page

some additional pictures and info can be found over at frys.com

Is this refurbished, factory reconditioned or new? I cannot find the condition listed, but it looks like the same model for sale for the same price in the acer section that is factory reconditioned… which I am a little iffy about.

First line in the description:
Condition: New with 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty

What software comes on this machine? Did I miss that?

Nice Puter. I love my ACER.1 year old, not a bit of trouble. I will get another in the future fo’ sho.

Is it touch ? I didn’t see if it was or wasn’t ?

WiDi enabled cpu?

Widi? Apparently, yes.
see intel spec: http://ark.intel.com/products/67355/

Other info relating to performance:

Technical Specifications
The Intel i5-3210M is a Dual-Core Laptop processor and has a maximum clock speed of 2.5 GHz, which is the slowest of all current Processors. Additionally, this processor offers built-in over-clocking which increases the maximum clock speed to 3.1 GHz, which is the average for all Laptop Processors (CPUs). This processor also offers a maximum GPU or Graphics Processing Unit clock speed of 650 MHz, which is the average for all Processors (CPUs).

Memory Specifications
The Intel i5-3210M processor is capable of accommodating 32 GB of RAM, which is the least of all Processors. Additionally, this processor offers 2 memory channels, and has a maximum memory bandwidth of 25.6 GB/s, which is 20.2% faster than the average for all Laptop Processors (CPUs).

Not touch. Sorry.

If you’re looking for a mainstream, nicer than entry level laptop, these specs at this price will do the job nicely for you.

• i5 Intel CPU @ $429.
  • decent size 750 GB hard drive, although 5400 rpm rather than 7200, but that is common in laptops.
  • nice sleek design unlike a lot of the clunky looking $400 laptops.
  • 1.3 megapixel web cam for Skyping, a bit better than the crappy typical laptop webcam resolution.
  • still has Bluetooth 4.0 at this price.
  • but mediocre medium resolution 1366x768 display - realistically, it will get the job done as long as you don’t view it next to an HD tablet.
  • Acer brand is OK but not quite as solid as some other brands.