Acer ICONIA A200 Tablet

But 8GB at Ben’s. This one is 16GB.

Again, that’s the Android 3.2 model with 8GB. The one on Sellout is Android 4.0 and 16GB.

untrue…you can move your apps to an SD card. I just bought a 16 gb card for my polaroid tablet, and i had to tweak a system setting to get it to recognize it - now all my apps are on the extsd card

Yes - I use mine for Hulu all the time. I LOVE this thing!

I have been looking to buy a tablet but I don’t know what kind to get. I just want to use the internet, play some games, read books, and download apps.
I was thinking about getting one of those budget 7 in tablets for like a $100. Would this be a better deal? Are the 10 in tablets easy to hold?

I loaded all of my media files to the Cloud. Google and others offer for free, no need to store on your tablet unless you plan to use it where there is no wifi. I just use my ipod for that. There is always Pandora also.

I have this exact tablet, and for extensive internet browsing the 10 inch display is almost a “must have” for me. But I find it’s really too big and heavy to hold in one hand for reading books. So I’m thinking of getting one of the cheapie 7 inch for that. Just my opinion, but: for occasional light internet use, frequent book-reading and better portability - get a 7 inch cheapie. For frequent internet use, fastest operation, running multiple apps at once - get something like or better than this 10 inch Acer.

Can you play Facebook games on this? Such as Words with Friends or Cards? What about watching videos from Netflix?

Bought one a month ago on Woot and use it primarily as you are planning to. Mine has been great and I prefer the size for browsing. Easy to hold and got a cheap case that works well as a stand. Really tempted to get another but kind of broke right now.

We bought this in the woot off , and it is at least okay. Ice Cream Sandwitch and all. I was disappointed that it does not charge from USB - the proprietary charger surprised me.

Totally disagree… what little acer added to ice cream does not hinder any of the experience and I love the capability to take screenshots without needing to root the device.

Buyer beware of what? You got your money back. You didn’t follow protocol for the return, but Woot took care of you in the end. Nothing is worse than someone complaining when there is nothing to complain about. You got a lemon. Oh well.

I pondered that before I got it on eBay Daily deals for 190 but it hasnt bugged me and I use mine like crazy especially for draw something, which is a battery juicer,and I can go all day on a single charge. I just plug it in when I go to bed.

For the record, it seems that’s pretty common for tablets: my nexus 7 will only trickle charge from usb with the screen off (yes, i’m sure, it tells you in the quick start guide.)

The problem is tablet sized battery vs the 500mA max current on a USB port: the charger that came with the device is 2A, so you can see the disparity. Even USB 3.0 only takes you to 900mA, so don’t expect this to change anytime soon.

Is the charger big and bulky?
That’s kind of surprising it doesn’t charge with USB since most of them do.

Lovin’ my Toshiba Thrive 10.1" tablet w/full size HDMI, USB ports and 2 cams. Got mine with 16GB for $209. Toshiba Docking station is only $22 with HDMI & 2 USB ports on Amazon. Oh, did I mention the Thrive also has a user replaceable battery?

Having owned both 7" and 10" tablets, I’d say there’s pros and cons for both. My 10" is a media center when docked using a wireless USB keybrd & mouse. My 7" goes on the road with me.

I am typing this comment on an Acer Iconia Tab A200. I really like the tablet! I’m using it as a PC replacement on a vacation, and it has come in handy several times already. The USB connection is pretty cool, as it can handle a variety of accessories: hubs, memory sticks, even game controllers. The lack of a camera makes some apps incompatible, but I have been able to find a replacement for one of the apps on the Amazon Kindle App Store.

I am definitely not disappointed with this purchase. I was a little bummed out by the shipment time when I bought the device, but that was only because I was so excited to get the tablet as soon as possible (it took about five days). It is worth the $200, and few tablets can compare to the feature set for the price.

I have one and honestly if I had a spare $200 I would buy another one. I love this tablet. As for watching video, I have streamed netflix will no problems. It’s a great tablet at a great price.

Yes. The prongs don’t fold, and they stick out of the wider face in the charger making it a pretty bulky little blob. Check out Woot’s picture. The extra thing with the prongs snaps in, providing USA compatibility. I suppose you could un-snap that piece to reduce bulk, but now you have another piece to lose.

Maybe with other tablets, but i have this and it will not move apps to sd card!