ACOPower 150Wh Portable Solar Generator

ACOPower 150Wh Portable Solar Generator

So it states solar generator but the solar panel is not included. Sort of defeat the purchase, I mean purpose. Yeah.

4 Likes

Yeah, I wish they’d stop calling these things ‘generators’. They’re battery packs. (“They” being the manufacturers, not Woot.)

4 Likes

Agreed. And I wish they would stop using terms like “pure dual modified sine wave”. It’s either true sine wave or it isn’t. The marketing speak is annoying.

2 Likes

That is one thing that has always bugged me. This thing generates NO power, it only stores it. They all do this (call them “generators”).

1 Like

Yet there are no solar panels. :upside_down_face: Tomorrow’s Woot: Gas-powered snow blower (motor not-included)

It’s not clear in the text, but it doesn’t come with the solar panel. Their solar panel costs more than the battery pack. It is a good device, I own one, but when I bought mine I expected it to have solar capability out of the box. I was pretty pissed to learn I had to shell out another $100+ for the panel.

1 Like

Solar generator with no solar panel included? Sure, I’ll pay for it with my credit card that has no credit…

4 Likes

I agree. It’s sort of like “genuine imitation leather.” It’s just a battery, folks.

1 Like

Rich Corinthian leather?

1 Like

2 Questions. So you would be able to hook up a panel to this directly without an inverter? Would this provide enough power to run a garage door opener? Would like to install garage door openers in my detached garage without having to run power.

I have purchased 3 types of these now, the Rockpals 280Wh, Beaudens 166Wh, and Jackery 240Wh. These all come with the solar controller so you can hook up a solar panel directly to them without another solar controller (inverter has a different purpose). This one today does not seem to mention a solar controller for some reason, and I cannot open the user manual for more information. I personally would be wary of this one due to the limited description, and bizarre write-up (what the heck is “pure dual modified sinewave”???).

If you garage door is 100 watts or under, this should be able to run it. But something makes me think it will be way over 100 watts.

I really like the three that I own, they all have good reviews of at least 4.5 on Amazon, and each has some advantages over other units. The Beaudens uses LiFePO4 lithium chemistry which is a big plus over others and you can pick it up close to the price of this one when it is on sale. ( I just checked, the Beaudens is $100 today if you clip the $20 off coupon on Amazon).

I did an extensive review of these 3 units on Amazon.

Rockpals seem to be the only one that does not use the incorrect phrase “Solar Generator” but the better phrase “Power Station” for their unit.

so it’s solar capable - but doesn’t actually come with panels?

hard pass.

sorry for the confusion. Solar industry usually use this word, but we will consider to change with "power station’ or something else.

2 Likes

we will have another deal with package includding solar panels and power stations soon.

1 Like

Yes. it is solar capable but doesn’t inlcude solar panels. we have combo on website: www.ACOPOWER.com.

you can hook up a solar panel directly. the output is 100w, not sure what is the wattage required of your door opener. seems to be good from my experience.

Hello! Sounds like you’re with AcoPower. Welcome. Please introduce yourself. :w_happy:

4 Likes

No on the garage door. A typical 3/4 hp opener needs 850 watts to operate.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

I’m a fan of “Power Station” myself.