ACOPOWER Solar Panel and Generator Kit

ACOPOWER Solar Panel and Generator Kit

UHHHHHH is this only set up with EU plugs?
no US outlet compatibility?

1 Like

For just the battery, good reviews
https://www.amazon.com/ACOPOWER-Portable-Generator-Storage-HY-S320/dp/B01N80PJVK

1 Like

And this must be the panels, but without the controller
https://www.amazon.com/ACOPOWER-HY-4x12-5W-Portable-Controller-Camping/dp/B06WWQHV2T/

Which, if right, makes the bundle a good deal (would be $340ish separate, although you get the controller). Both parts average 4 star reviews

2 Likes

“pure dual-modified sinewave output”

There is no such thing as a “pure dual-modified sinewave.” Sinewaves can be either pure (good) or modified (bad).

3 Likes

Where do you see the is a controller included. I think the reason it is limited to 30 - 60 Watt panels is there is no controller. 60 Watts (less than 5 Amps) maximum is likely fed directly to the battery.

I own several power generators and read about many others. I have never seen one without a built-in solar controller but it looks like this one does NOT have one.
And what the heck is “pure dual modified sinewave”? LOL

2 Likes

So this battery has no plug ins, like a standard house socket, and only has USB deals. Correct?

I thought this may be a nice back-up to run some string lights during power outages.

This looks like the same one I bought from here.
Does have two ac outlets - one us only, one multi plug compatible.
Three 2.1mm output dc 12V and two usb ports.
The solar panel does not have a charge controller but I’m pretty sure the batter does as it just asks for 15V dc in. The solar panel outputs max 17V so you should be ok.

So far it’s worked very well but I haven’t checked the output smoothness as I mostly use it for DC out.

1 Like

AC output with 1 US outlet and 1 universal outlet for EU, US, CN, JP, etc. DC output with 2 USB port, 3 DC port and an extra cigarette lighter socket

This one has built-in charger controller, so you just use the 50w panel or other panel to charge it directly with the solar connection cable included

2 Likes

no need to have controller, just use the 50w panel to charge it direclty with connection cable included.

1 Like

Funny they do not talk about the solar controller in the description. I was trying to figure out if it was a PWM or MTTP controller but found nothing.
I just check the manual, nothing there either, very weird. Never seen this before, they ALL talk about their controller (other manufacturers).

I just opened mine and it is working as advertised. I would recommend this product to those looking for an affordable solution to charge and power small in the event of a power outage. I plan on purchasing a few more as gifts for the holiday season.

-Steve

1 Like

I don’t find a cable to connect the solar panel to the battery. It used to be part B073QMF11V but there are none available online. The battery works fine by itself and will charge from outlet / car as described, but not the solar directly.

I only got the solar panel. Had to send two different emails to finally get the generator. It appears you do not get the controller that is mentioned on the instruction sheet. I also did not get the alligator clips either. My boyfriend called the company but the man was on vacation yesterday (3rd of July) but he is to call back on Monday and speak further with him. He will sell him the controller for half price and will also guide him through the set up process and give him hints. I was pretty upset that I had to contact them twice, show pictures and explain what was wrong and go to Amazon to show what I was talking about. I did have to wait an extra week to get it all fixed and to me. BUT if you are not sending everything together, only get ONE tracking number and there is no number to call and discuss this, it really slows the process down. It does appear this is a good deal though when everything finally got here. Now to have this shut down over so we can finally, finally take our 1980 popup camper for it’s first camp out!

Very disappointed with Woot, only received the Solar Panel portion and not the Generator. The offered to refund $30.00 for an item that is currently $149.00 on Amazon. This might be my last purchase.

Any chance you could share the number you called to get the generator. I feel like this is a scam.