Acoustic Research 5.1 USB Headphones

Any idea if these will work with a Power Mac G4 Cube? I don’t have the USB speakers for my Cube anymore and that’s about the only use I’d have for these headphones since the PS3 wouldn’t support them.

Hi Woot. I sent an email asking to change order to 3 instead of 2. Any chance?

More reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-Acoustic-Research-ARW200-Headphones/dp/B001ILZ8UM

I don’t know what you people have against links, other than usefulness.

laptop mag review

manual

amazon.com reviews

buy.com reviews

I ordered one, but unless I missed it, there’s no indication that the audio driver CD is included. Does anyone know if it is? Thanks.

Should be plug n play. Cd with optional multi channel drivers should be in the box according to manual.

Damn woot! needed to use my name in the story. Even though I really don’t need one, I can’t argue with the writing. Sounds like a steal so I’ll take it.

BTW, why is the CAPTCHA insulting me by having me type in “the dullard”?

I just wooted and that’s the treatment I get.

I’d feel better if there was somewhere that EXPLICITLY said that their drivers work with Windows 7. I’ve had a couple of USB devices that support up to Vista, but which don’t operate at all with 7. I’ve googled around, but have found nothing.

I’m sure that it’s not intentional. Most people probably don’t know how to create clickable links… :frowning: I usually use them in my posts as well.

It’s 50/50 on the weekend sales. If it doesn’t sell out AND if they can get to your email before they process the orders, then perhaps. Cross your fingers AND your toes.

Just so happens that I have a link in my signature to a handy-dandy, easy-to-read guide on posting with all those codes!

Thanks for the link to the guide. Now maybe I can earn some more quality Woot posts.

Your other option is to have a friend order 3 for you and then cancel your order - that works too. I figured that out after my roommate ordered something with my account.

not plug and play… you have to go into the control panel and change selections each time you want to change from your speakers to the usb thing… audio is not normally on the usb line so drivers or some kind of software has to direct it there… just plugging the usb deevice in does not make it so… you will not just plug these things in and hear music…good luck.

According to prior post and AR’s manual - PC use is ‘plug and play’. Software on CD-ROM is a “Multi-Channel Audio Driver” to provide ‘enhanced’ operation, but NOT required.

best,

a.

I went ahead and ordered one of these, not even thinking that they might not be supported under Windows 7. Unfortunately, according to their website it is not compatible.

Not compatible

However, upon further research I found a Korean forum that appears to have drivers available.
I have no idea if these will work, but I grabbed them to try if all else fails.

Google translated version:

Translated post

I couldn’t seem to download the zip file with the translated version, so here is the original Korean page:

Original Korean post

Just thought I’d share!

After downloading the link, the .zip file is corrupt.
We’ll have to wait and see if they work. Maybe compatibility mode will work. I hope so. The wife already gave me hell for buying these and may not even work. I guess I may have to put up the “huge” speakers she hate so much to get my surround sound I need.

Shipping Update

Acoustic Research 5.1 USB Headphones has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

Just received mine, and did a little freak out when the drivers wouldn’t install, and their support page clearly says no Windows 7 love. Then like the idiot I am, I remembered I turned the sound off on my PC last night since I had no headphones, turned it back on, and there’s glorious sound! Hopefully my story of tragedy and idiocy brings some hope to future Windows 7 users.

Thank you so much for giving me some hope until I receive mine in the next few days. I have been looking all over for drivers or any other help.

Shame on Audiovox for not releasing drivers.