Acoustic Research Wireless Outdoor Speakers

6 AA battery?! WOOT THE WOOT ?

Acoustic Research. Boy that name sure brings back memories. For those who weren’t around back then, in the fifties, sixties, and seventies, AR ruled the high end stereo speaker market. The company invented and patented the acoustic suspension woofer, essentially the sealed enclosure design. The AR-3 is on permanent display at the Smithsonian. Their speakers were so good that they were used virtually everywhere from living rooms to recording studios. AR speakers were really the first ones to provide a flat, accurate frequency response, high power handling, and pleasing musical quality at a reasonable price for the home stereo market. They also made a line of belt drive turntables that DJs still look for thirty years later. But that was a long time ago, and the brand has been sold four times since then. Now their primary products are these little wireless speakers, which I know absolutely nothing about. But once upon a time, the name Acoustic Research was king in the audio world.

That memory forced me to immediately click on this sale…

AA batteries?

Meh.

Will these work with Sonos?

How much playtime do you get for your 6 AAs?

Anyone elese order one and instead of refurbished…got a used/scratched junker? sent 2 emails to our Woot friends…and crickets…not very happy. should have gone with the big Jaambox instead…buyers remorse : ( my first bad Woot experience…

Sorry for the lack of response. I’ll add you to my afternoon report so CS can look into it.